About the monty drama

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. About the monty drama

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
5 months ago#1
Look, we all know he can be a bit annoying. But he is harmless. Eventually, if we ignore it, he will stop making alt accounts and we can go back to normal around here.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
5 months ago#2
Not gonna lie, I was briefly triggered and then got a good smile out of this.

Well since.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
5 months ago#3
I can't let it go, he's ruining the feel of this place!

I stared at the OP trying to channel how I would have posted in 2008 or whenever this went down and kept drawing a blank.

Early nominee for best PADM topic.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
5 months ago#4
LinkPrime1 posted...
Not gonna lie, I was briefly triggered and then got a good smile out of this.

Well done.

Yeesh that one wasn't even close.

Jon is correct as well!
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
5 months ago#5
That MarkNumberLetter guy was an underrated component to the Monty saga. I don't know that we can channel that same rage without him.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#6
Yeah, that whole thing passed by in a blur for me, but it's still mildly irritating even now. I wonder how monty is doing now though.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
5 months ago#7
If I had to guess, not real well.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
5 months ago#8
^ Even if that's the case I do hope that monty ends up well.

I also hypothesize that it was such a sticking point for a lot of us because it was a social situation that didn't have a lot of blueprints for us to follow, nor was it something that any of us were really that well equipped to deal with at the time.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
5 months ago#9
Eh. For me, who had a trial by fire in order to properly join the community, wasn't about to allow someone just proclaim himself a member by the graces of his own word.

I'm still slightly miffed he put himself in the anthem though.

Meh.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#10
I don't recall ever having a trial by fire to join the community, so I must've joined right at the tail end of when PMS was still "new" and open to new members.

Kinda strange to think about us being a closed community, considering we are situated on a public forum, but I guess that's what happens when a community is centered around a certain video game. The game gets old, and the community stops getting an influx of members..

I wonder how we would treat new members of the community if anyone happened to stumble across us. I really don't like the idea of being exclusionary, but so much of PMS is centered around past shenanigans too that it would be hard for someone to feel in-the-know.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. About the monty drama

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived