I prefer T-shirts without stuff on them, yet somehow my closet is full of those.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I prefer T-shirts without stuff on them, yet somehow my closet is full of those.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 months ago#1
180/180

I don't recall buying them for myself (okay, maybe one or two), so it's straight. I was looking for a plain one to wear under a button down shirt to work today, as a more casual "It's too hot!" outfit, and I could only find one.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 months ago#2
You know, I'm not sure I bought a single one of the tee shirts I own.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 months ago#3
I went on a Woot spree like five or six years ago and now all of my t shirts are old and fading. Also all of my dress shirts.

Also all of my clothes.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
3 months ago#4
I buy clothes every 10 years whether I need to or not.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#5
I buy clothes in infrequent waves. It has been a public dream of mine to have stylish, fashionable people help me shop and make me over into someone who is at least a little less schlubby than I currently am. Sort of like What Not to Wear but not as drastic as throwing out all of my old clothes.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
3 months ago#6
I browse r/malefashion once in a while to get ideas, but it's like...nothing ever sticks out to me and I never actually learn anything, other than brogues are a very flexible shoe choice..
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 months ago#7
Okay, this is a safe space for me to ask this.

Is anyone else finding that the crotches on their pants give out after like one season? I used to have a pair of jeans last a year or two before developing crotch holes from the consistent rubbing, but I went through two pairs of shorts last year between May and August. I bought some gray slacks I might wear twice a week last August and there's already a translucence if not a full-on hole.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
3 months ago#8
Yeah, I've been having that problem with my jeans too. I can't tell if it's because I'm just being too active in them, or if I'm getting pairs that are too cheap..

I don't think it would be hard to patch up the crotch holes if I catch them early enough, but I haven't taken the time to learn yet.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 months ago#9
I have also been having this issue, although maybe not that quickly. Buying pants from Uniqlo or Express or the like that have a little bit of stretch material (like 1% or 2% spandex) seems to help (plus the flexibility is nice throughout the pant, too).

I've asked my boyfriend, who does know how to sew and make clothes, if he could patch up some of those holes, and he said he couldn't, because it would require, like, an actual patch. Which would look terrible. And he won't do thing that'll make my clothes look terrible.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#10
Yes, this has been a reoccurring problem with my pants as well.

I actually had a pair of Uniqlo pants that didn't have the integrated 1%-2% spandex and they wore out after just under a year; I have three pairs of the ones that I believe are either 2% spandex or 4% spandex (or maybe it's 3%, I have no idea) and they seem like they'll stand up to a longer span of use.

I've been lucky with jeans that have lasted over a year but I also have since worn jeans more infrequently because my job had demanded it. Now that my office seems to not mind jeans again, I imagine that holes may be worn faster in them again.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I prefer T-shirts without stuff on them, yet somehow my closet is full of those.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived