Alex's PADM whineblog

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Alex's PADM whineblog

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#21
I don't think there's any necessary Arab-Jewish connection because if I remember correctly the founders were two Asian women? I think the concept is that you only get one possible match a day or something like that, rather than a giant swipefest.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
1 week ago#22
I've heard positives about both Coffee & Bagel and Bumble, but I don't have any personal experience with either.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#23
willis5225 posted...
Is Coffee Meets Bagel like an Arab-Jewish connection thing? Am I reading too much into that and it's just people who like caffeine and carbohydrates?

Nay. But there were a higher percentage of Jewish girls on there.

Kylo Force posted...
I don't think there's any necessary Arab-Jewish connection because if I remember correctly the founders were two Asian women? I think the concept is that you only get one possible match a day or something like that, rather than a giant swipefest.

3 sisters I believe. You get a certain number of "curated" matches a day, based off of their algorithm. Guys get more matches than girls. I would get 20+ a day, while some girls I know who were on it would get like 5.

GMTELigence posted...
I've heard positives about both Coffee & Bagel and Bumble, but I don't have any personal experience with either.

Bumble gave me Jack s***, and coffee meets bagel was super easy to get dates (the girls are a bit more serious on CMB).

I uninstalled all of them at the end of 2017.

Dating suuuuuuucks
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
5 days ago#24
I'm literally sick from the stress of it all. I hate my life right now. Hopefully in a few months I'll be better.

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
5 days ago#25
LinkPrime1 posted...
Dating suuuuuuucks

Excuse me, sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Celibacy?

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
5 days ago#26
We're here for you Alex.

Kodiologist posted...
LinkPrime1 posted...
Dating suuuuuuucks

Excuse me, sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Celibacy?

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

I want kids someday
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

HeyDude
4 days ago#27
I myself already have kids and could conceivably live celibate the rest of my life.

In many states, including Michigan, you can get really destroyed in divorce proceedings if you've had sex with someone else. So there's extra reason for me to live celibate.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
4 days ago#28
Take care, Dude. Remember to reach out to the people closest to you and rely on them. And if you're ever feeling extra miserable, I hear it helps if you do something for those people who are close to you, in order to get out of your own head for a bit and do something positive.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

HeyDude
8 hours ago#29
So here's a little backstory. Jess and I were never the happiest couple, but nor were we miserable, until a couple years ago. And we didn't work on that very well. I think I because I didn't know what was wrong, and Jess because she was white-knuckling her sobriety rather than in a good place to work on relationships. She picked up an online boyfriend in spring 2016 and talked with him pretty seriously, and possibly fell in love with him too -- certainly towards the end of their relationship she was saying how she wished she was with him instead of me. When I found this out in July 2017 I was pissed and just tore Jess a ****in' new one, which, no surprise, didn't help. It was a bad time. Then we started counseling in August-ish, we went through end of November, and it was helping, and then we stopped, and I guess she at that time decided she was done with me -- or maybe she didn't, but in April she said she'd had it decided for about six months. But she's an unreliable narrator because she fell off the wagon in January and is an extremely volatile person since then.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Alex's PADM whineblog

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.