My other backlog topic got locked

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My other backlog topic got locked

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#41
Still haven't made it to the forest yet.

I remember my first Lynel fight. In my previous topic I mentioned I had gone super far off the beaten path, and ended up in a "high level" area. The Lynel I fought was there and that s*** was insane. Only way I could win was doing perfect dodges and counter attacking.

I think I ended up doing over 10+. It was awesome.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#42
Vacation bump
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#43
Vacation bump 2

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#44
My roommate started Super Mario Odyssey last night. It is his first 3D Mario game.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#45
Oh damn. I still need to play that.

And galaxy 2

And finish the first one

LinkPrime1
2 weeks ago#46
I'm getting pretty okay at Dragon Ball. Vegito drops in a few hours and I'm pretty excited to play him when I get home tomorrow.

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#47
Odyssey is really excellent, but I think Galaxy 1 and 2 are my favorite "3D on rails" Mario game.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
2 weeks ago#48
What do you mean on rails? Like they're linear?

I felt that the worlds in Galaxy were all pretty small compared to Sunshine and 64. Not that that's bad, just different.

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#49
I think in 3D Mario there are two kinds of level design and the games lean one way or the other, even though I think all of them include examples of both.

There's the more exploration type levels, like Bomb-Omb Battlefield in Super Mario 64, and then there are more linear and linear-ish levels, like any of the 3 Bowser levels in Super Mario 64, or the "void" levels where you don't have the FLUDD in Sunshine.

I'd argue that Odyssey leans more toward the Super Mario 64 side of the spectrum with mostly large, expansive worlds to explore every nook and cranny of to get every Moon, while Galaxy 1/2 lean more toward the linear/linear-ish side of the spectrum (with notable exceptions.) I think over time I've grown to like the linear/linear-ish design better because I think it provides for a tighter platforming experience.

That being said, I do still think Odyssey is a masterpiece and there's a level of joy in the game that is exceptional, but overall I think Galaxy still comes out on top for me.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My other backlog topic got locked

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived