Don't ask the internet, ask a professional.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Don't ask the internet, ask a professional.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
5 months ago#1
One of my windows has been super drafty, and the other one recently was blown in during a Nor'easter that broke the hinges. I looked online how to fix either of those problems and they were basically like "Well, you can do this hard thing that's really just a stopgap, but you need to replace the windows." So I went to Home Depot to find out about that, and they told me they can, but it would be pricey, and I'd need permission from the co-op board. So I call the co-op board and they send over a glazier of their own. And he's like "Oh yeah, I can fix this real quick, let me get some stuff from the van." Then both windows are fixed in about half an hour.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#2
Yeah, seconded. There are things out there that DEMAND expertise in order to accomplish, and the Internet is just not cut out for providing that nuanced kind of knowledge.

Maybe one day, it will. But today is not that day.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
5 months ago#3
That's kind of a cool story. I've had many similar. You're absolutely right.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
5 months ago#4
Thank you for using the word "glazier" instead of the inferior "window guy."
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Don't ask the internet, ask a professional.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived