Lessons from a Project 365

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Lessons from a Project 365

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
6 months ago#1
I started doing a Project 365 with a photo and micro journal entry on IG at the beginning of the year, and I think the biggest lesson I've learned so far is that while my life is definitely interesting enough to journal every day, it is rarely interesting enough to justify an actual photo every day.

I actually haven't been the best at getting photos. If I don't take a picture on a given day, I post a blank screen instead. But I haven't missed more than two days in a row so far for getting pictures, so I think that counts for something.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
6 months ago#2
Is there a certain kind of photo you're going for? Sometimes, even just the photo of the same thing every day will result in something interesting when you look at it through a timelapse.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
6 months ago#3
I definitely can appreciate the idea of taking a picture of the same thing every day because that is an interesting experiment, but for this round I've really been going for things that call out to "this was something unusual/notable that happened today." For that reason I've also imposed the rule of no meals/food (even if that was a major thing that happened that day; that's left for the journal part, not the photo part.)
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
6 months ago#4
Sounds interesting! Seems like this project helps at getting you to notice the interesting things in your day to day, even if it seems like there's nothing new going on.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
6 months ago#5
That's pretty much the goal of it. I've also been waffling back and forth on getting myself a new camera for the last couple years, so I told myself if I actually finished a project I was doing and it warranted a new camera, I would then actually get the new camera.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Lessons from a Project 365

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived