Accidentally went to an AA meeting

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Accidentally went to an AA meeting

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
7 months ago#1
I gotta say I felt like a real fool. By the time I realized what was going on I felt it'd be rude to just leave. They took turns speaking and I was to go last. I stressed for about 45 minutes about what to say. Well it turns out they were all fine with it and gave me some good life advice anyway.

One alcoholic even went so far as to tell me there are no coincidences and I must have been meant to be there.

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
7 months ago#2
How does one accidentally attend an AA meeting, outside of wacky sitcoms?

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
7 months ago#3
I was wondering the same thing.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
6 months ago#4
My wife is an alcoholic and I was searching out a group for those affected by alcoholics. They call that Al-Anon, which is already confusing enough because to me that's short for ALcoholics ANONymous. But it's called Al-Anon, for spouses/children/family members of alcoholics.

So I look up the group meeting place and time and it's at this church at 10:00 Saturday. I walk in the door of the church, there are no signs anywhere indicating anything, but it's not a big building at all and I only hear voices coming from one room.

I was 10 minutes late so I just walked in and took my seat...

Apparently there was another, quieter room which did contain Al-Anon; I found this out later.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
6 months ago#5
I had an uncle who attended the wrong funeral once upon a time, and it was basically the same story.

Well there wasn't a guy who claimed it couldn't be a coincidence and he must really be there to mourn the person whose funeral it was. That would have been a bit much.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Accidentally went to an AA meeting

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived