Star Wars: The Last Jedi (no unmarked spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (no unmarked spoilers)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
5 months ago#1
Saw the movie this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wasn't totally flawless and had a few pacing issues here and there, but overall I'd say an excellent movie. Would see again in theatres, which is a rarity for me.

Also, it is still extremely weird to hear a name I thought I made up in 2001 come out of people's mouths in a movie, let alone a movie as big as Star Wars.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
4 months ago#2
Just saw it. I think it's the best of the non-Lucas movies.

I really enjoyed Kylo Ren's light turn and Luke's voluntary death and the return of Yoda. I didn't care much for the Rose romance although she was fine as a character.

I was only partially enjoying the movie overall until the red salt battle when I thought the spirit of George Lucas was with us.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 months ago#3
I quite enjoyed it. I think it was too long, but I'm not sure what I would cut out to make it shorter - probably just little slices here and there.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
4 months ago#4
So what age is Rose? She looked like she could be anywhere from 10 to 35.

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

Kylo Force
4 months ago#5
Kodiologist posted...
So what age is Rose? She looked like she could be anywhere from 10 to 35.

To quote a student I met in the Philippines, Well. You're Filipino so you look 20 but you're probably like, 40.

It's the magic in the genes.
---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
4 months ago#6
I enjoyed it a great deal. I think the problem is less that it was too long (though it's long) and that it reaches a climax, resolves it, and keeps going. But like Alex said, I got drawn right back in again, so no complaints.

Not without problems, but it's a stupid pew pew movie about space puppets so A-.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 months ago#7
Now that I've digested so many thinkpieces about it, I want to see it again, but I'd only be willing to pay the matinee price at the cheap theater near my job. Unfortunately, the showtimes aren't quite working out for me.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

Kylo Force
4 months ago#8
I also want to see it again, but I'll probably wait for home release to do so.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (no unmarked spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived