• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My backlog topic got locked

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
11 months ago#41
Continued along with where I was, and just finished the dungeon. Not gonna lie, I found Ruta to be terrifying. The loud roars it gave seriously gave me chills. I almost decided to check out the Reservoir before actually going into Zora's Domain proper. When I found out that's where the Divine Beast was, I tried using ice blocks to go to the snout. The freggin roar scared the crap out of me, blowing me back to land. I can only image how much more frightening it would've been just doing that first! I also though the whole dungeon was eerie. The music was certainly unsettling, and I never really got used to the roars every time you adjusted its trunk.

Boss battle was okay, I thought it was going to be a lot harder than I initially thought. I was surprised that I was awarded a heart container, but I'm certainly not complaining!

I also absolutely fell in love with Mipha as a champion, and enjoyed the Zora subplot as a whole. I was very surprised the number of Zora that recognized Link, and it was cool the see the elders distaste for him, after he tookher away, and contributed to her death. I also thought her relationship with Link was super cute. Well-done Nintendo.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

LinkPrime1
11 months ago#42
Also, the rupee noise every time the prince (Sadin? Whoops forgot lol) smiled was a really nice touch.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
11 months ago#43
The Zora subplot is real' good. I love how they all live long enough to remember Link. That was a really effective statement from the developers that "this is different from the other Zeldas," and it added a particular flavor to the tragedy of the Zora experience (and of course the other races' experience).
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
10 months ago#44
I apologize for being so late on replies here, but let me see if there's anything that I missed.

About the Zoras:
Prince Sidon, like Poseidon. I didn't get this until long after I finished the scenario. Ruta was also the first Divine Beast I took on, and it took me forever to get the hang of changing the height of the trunk to get to where I wanted to go.

About the design of the game:
I actually discussed this with Will awhile back, but I find the progression of the "beginning" of the game truly genius. You start off without the ability to glide, and you're put on the plateau to learn all of the basic techniques, where you will die many times trying to master "basic" abilities.

Then the game throws you into the real world where you can do whatever you want and go wherever you want. However, if you follow the path the game sort of, kind of gives you:

- You encounter other living people, which is a giant surprise in itself
- You have a chance to learn about horses
- You get another "main" quest line adjacent to the ones given to you by the king

And if you follow Impa's instructions, you are most likely to try to take on Ruta first since it's the closest to you in distance. When you do that:

-You encounter an area with eternal rain, which strips you of the ability to climb easily, forcing you to practice all of Link's other skills and also encouraging you to use road navigation which is built very well in this game. After that, you have all the skills you need to adventure in the rest of the world.

And even beyond that, you never have to do anything in this order- you can simply point Link in the direction of something interesting, and say, "I'll go there," and you can do it.

I cannot reiterate enough, I think this game is designed brilliantly and is an absolute joy to play.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
10 months ago#45
I'm alternating between Dragon Ball Fighterz and Monster Hunter World now.

Kylo Force
10 months ago#46
I played FighterZ for the first time last weekend and I thought it was tons of fun. I'm absolute garbage at it, but it is really enjoyable to play.

I'm currently playing Pokemon Leaf Green and got whisked away to One Island following beating Blaine's gym. I've actually never played this part in English so I'm greatly looking forward to understanding what the actual plot is.

Video games have sort of taken a back seat after I finished the second round of DLC for Breath of the Wild, but I have been playing board games and card games (especially Smash Up) with a group of friends weekly now for the last several months.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
9 months ago#47
Bump

Kylo Force
9 months ago#48
I beat LeafGreen last weekend and have jumped back into Breath of the Wild despite having nothing but Koroks to find. I've been scouring the map via Hero's Path to find roads and destroyed settlements I haven't gone across yet and it's been wild to find NPCs and little things that I've literally never seen in the game. Hero's Path is both a blessing and a curse in that it lets me explore areas I haven't seen yet while also triggering a sort of OCD about clearing out everything on the map.

LinkPrime1
9 months ago#49
Bump!

That would absolutely drive me insane too. Damn.

Kylo Force
9 months ago#50
Still enjoying my little trip through Breath of the Wild again. Started Master Mode and it doesn't pull any punches straight from the beginning. Not sure if I'd play it all the way through again on Master Mode, but it does make especially the beginning of the game tough.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My backlog topic got locked
  • Topic Archived