My backlog topic got locked

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My backlog topic got locked

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 months ago#31
I just started the Champions Ballad DLC and it's reawakened the magic of the game for me. It's truly, truly excellent.

Sorry to hear about the horse, but there are a lot of horses out there... Maybe you can also find Bond 2.0?

What have your adventures been in BOTW? I like discussing the game but I'll keep as careful note as possible where you're at so I don't spoil anything.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#32
I save-scummed to get him back, but felt plenty guilty about it.

It's been an awesome experience so far, I wish I wasn't so lazy (and wishing to avoid spoiling others, but mostly lazy), as to not post my thoughts.

Some highlights, I'd have to stay stumbling upon the golem in the Great Plateau. Just running around minding my own business, go into a pretty-looking clearing and BAM! Needless to say, I got rocked, but after a couple deaths I toppled him.

I'm also super suspicious that the area where Bond met his demise is another golem area,
which will be investigated further next time I play.

I've only been trying to play when I've got a lot of time to sit down and really sink into it. I'm loving Nintendo's take on an open world. I was super stoked to find the Temple of Time and the reveal of who the old man is was...enjoyable, to put it oddly.

Kakariko Village is super cool, and I like the location itself. I'm a big fan of the shrines as well. I ended up beating one of the motion-puzzle shrines by flipping the puzzle upside down, and using it as a flipper to launch the ball across the gap. I love how that kind of stuff is possible in this game!

Also, exploring the snowy area for the first time to get to that shrine without the cold weather shirt, not fun, but I enjoyed the variety of options you have to tackle an area. Also, I'm greatly looking forward to the next area where I can shield-slide in.

I could keep going on I think, but I'll leave it at that for now. As for where I'm currently at, I just got the camera, and was verbally told the location of the first memory.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#33
To make a long story short, I'm completely lost in Lanayru. Ran into a Hinox and my 4-heart ass killed him after a few attempts. I'm pretty sure I'm in a higher-level area, as there's tons of blue Lizalfoes, undead Lizalfoes at night, and weapons with over 30 power...and I thought something with more than 10 was a lot!

Attempting to get back on track towards the first memory, but there's kind of a big river separating between me and back to Necluda where it is.

Edit: I also don't have the tower unlocked, so this is purely blind running around. My gameplan is to find a stable to load Bond into, then try and warp back and trek my way across the moutains.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#34
Minor spoiler about horse mechanics:
You don't actually have to load Bond into a stable first. As long as Bond is registered at a stable to begin with, you can leave him wherever and when you next go to a stable, you can have them take him in from wherever he happens to be in the world even if it's half the world over, and then take him back out again from any stable, including that one that you just had them take him in from.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#35
*gasp!*

I'll still proceed the way I am for the time being, but very, very good to know, thanks!

So I've been trying not to spoil it, but I can just sell gems with pure indiscretion can't I? I've just been hoarding them with the hope they'll be used in crafting.

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#36
I killed a Lynel. Holy s*** what a fight. Pretty much just doing perfect dodges and flurry attacks to do damage. Went through 4 weapons in the fight, a lizalfos boomerang, 2 advanced lizalfos boomerangs, and a trifold sword, with the final blow coming from the Royal Broadsword I got from killing the Hinox.

Easily the hardest fight so far, took about a half hour plus of throwing myself at him to finally kill (had to get up and do something during that final fight too, which was of course the "last attempt" before I had to get ready to go out). Ontop of all his awesome gear, I snagged the two 300 rupee chests he was guarding.

Good times.

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#37
I went the absolute worst way to this first memory. Going, essentially, in a complete circle AROUND it, and coming in through the back. Wonderful! Especially since It's literally a straight line, and I just never noticed the path that cuts through the mountain.

I'm saved on it, will "Recall" tomorrow probably. Killed another Hinox and Lynel. Definitely easier, and the loot wasn't as good either. Definitely back to being in a lower-leveled area, though I know the game isn't designed like that, per-se.

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#38
Nice to know that a "moderate" combat challenge is just an enemy with 1500! health. I enjoyed that shrine though. And jumping off a cliff and nearly-fatally gliding down to the next one in the middle of the ocean/bay was just as fun. Surprised I survived!

Attempting the next one now.

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#39
Oh, well, f*** me. The next shrine was a MAJOR combat challenge. A super casual 3000 HP, nbd...

I actually thought this one was easier because it had no shield...

But, now I'm down almost ALL my high-level weapons now. Thankfully, the fight dropped some real good ones, but I'm hoping for some mid-level ones to pop up so I don't waste them.

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#40
Bump.

Running aimlessly around now. Running into the lighting dragon a few times, and just now found the crazy falcon ship thing waaaay in the distance. Got 4 memories down, and found a 5th. I also bought a house! Wooo! That's a massive moneysink. I found the horse god, so that's another 1k I'll need to save too...

Oh, I also got a new horse! All black, named Night Rider (or, well, NightRidr). Quite happy with him, as he's got 4/3/4 across all stats. Bond was 1/3/4, as a comparison.

Working my way to Zora's domain, and already met 2 who call out to you in the field. Turns out during my hunt for the first memory, I came really close to it, just south of where the ping is for the quest tracker. I've been playing without the tracker for most of the game, way more enjoyable to me that way.

Also stacked up on inventory expands after running into the maracas-Korok for the second time. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's finding Koroks it seems. Got almost 50,
and I've yet to go north of Central Hyrule or the entire western portion of the map.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My backlog topic got locked

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived