So, I've fallen in love with Gilbert and Sullivan

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. So, I've fallen in love with Gilbert and Sullivan

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
5 years ago#1
Music's awesome, love the absurdity, it's hilarious. I don't know what else I want to say about this. Though I will admit I've only heard three of their operettas so far: Pirates of Penzance, HMS Pinafore, and Iolanthe. However, I have seen two of them live (Pinafore and Iolanthe). I'm just listening to the end of the first act of Iolanthe and felt the urge to express my enjoyment of it, I guess.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
5 years ago#2
If I weren't on my phone, I would link to a youtube clip of Morden from Mass Effect singing that patter song (that and a Simpson's episode being my entire familiarity therewith).
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
5 years ago#3
I sang the Judge's song from Trial by Jury for a music-history class in high school. It was fun. And it extended my range.
"A writer of story books!… Why, the degenerate fellow might as well have been a fiddler!"

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
5 years ago#4
They did Pirates of Penzance at my high school one year. It exceeded my expectations as I'd never heard of it. I also felt extremely clever when I figured out the twist before the reveal. I chalk that up to having played Phoenix Wright.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/ukealii50/kylo.jpg - Thanks uke!
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/829/07kyloforce.png - Thanks Diyosa!

User Info: darknalareturns

darknalareturns
5 years ago#5
You've just realized this?!?!?!?!
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. So, I've fallen in love with Gilbert and Sullivan

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived