This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else think that... *SPOILERS*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children
  3. Does anyone else think that... *SPOILERS*

User Info: Acrusis

Acrusis
8 years ago#1
If Cloud had fully assembled the buster sword from the beggnining, then he would have been able to take Kadaaj straight away? Because he seems to defeat Kadaaj very easily with his fully assembled sword, yet has difficulty with the trio with his basic sword.

Thoughts?
"GameFAQs - The Only Place With Discrimination Against Cat Lovers, Rooster Farmers, And Men Named Ricardo." - Oskar

User Info: knightly_probe

knightly_probe
8 years ago#2
Don't think the assembly of the sword had anything to do with it. I'm pretty convinced that the Geostigma was hampering his abilities the first few times he fought the group, and the fact that all three of the "brothers" were together might've been like facing off against Sephiroth himself, since the three of them are basically different pieces of Sephiroth.

When Cloud finally fought Kadaj one on one, he did so after having been cured of Geostigma and having his stamina restored by Aerith's rain (basically a cameo of Great Gospel). Let's not forget that Kadaj wasn't really gifted with any of Sephiroth's truly extreme physical abilities, since Loz appears to've inherited the majority of Sephiroth's speed and brute force, while Yazoo seems to have gotten most of Seph's grace and reflexes.

All Kadaj really had was Sephiroth's relentless desire to achieve his goal and the leadership qualities, with a balanced share, if not minimal, of Seph's physical abilities.

Eh, so I figure Kadaj by himself wasn't too much of an overpowered fighter to begin with (at least compared to Cloud), and the complete recovery provided by Aerith only helped even the odds. Cloud's skill was enough to close whatever gap remained.
The unshorn poets of our age...there is nothing they sing or write so stupid that they do not ascribe to poetic license.
- Cervantes

User Info: chaosflame108

chaosflame108
8 years ago#3
Don't think the assembly of the sword had anything to do with it. I'm pretty convinced that the Geostigma was hampering his abilities the first few times he fought the group, and the fact that all three of the "brothers" were together might've been like facing off against Sephiroth himself, since the three of them are basically different pieces of Sephiroth.

When Cloud finally fought Kadaj one on one, he did so after having been cured of Geostigma and having his stamina restored by Aerith's rain (basically a cameo of Great Gospel). Let's not forget that Kadaj wasn't really gifted with any of Sephiroth's truly extreme physical abilities, since Loz appears to've inherited the majority of Sephiroth's speed and brute force, while Yazoo seems to have gotten most of Seph's grace and reflexes.

All Kadaj really had was Sephiroth's relentless desire to achieve his goal and the leadership qualities, with a balanced share, if not minimal, of Seph's physical abilities.

Eh, so I figure Kadaj by himself wasn't too much of an overpowered fighter to begin with (at least compared to Cloud), and the complete recovery provided by Aerith only helped even the odds. Cloud's skill was enough to close whatever gap remained.

Yes that's a well and good, however it doesn't explain how tifa was able to defeat the strongest(speed,strength) of the sephiroth remnants.
You lack devotion. Steady effort is what counts. Me? I'm the exception to the rule!

User Info: JalapenoPower

JalapenoPower
8 years ago#4
Tifa didn't beat Loz though... the best you could argue is that she fought him off and disabled him for a few moments before he got up unscathed and absolutely mopped the floor with her. There is plenty to suggest (probably even official developer comments as I remember) that Loz simply wasn't trying starting off anyways and was just letting Tifa get hits in.

And I'd also say that Cloud's sword had a modest role in his victory. It makes for a lot more compelling story that he was able to win by overcoming his illness and self-doubt as opposed to winning because he finally decided to assemble his swords.
This sentence no verb.
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid."

User Info: VinCon01

VinCon01
8 years ago#5
There is plenty to suggest (probably even official developer comments as I remember) that Loz simply wasn't trying starting off anyways and was just letting Tifa get hits in.

I'd have to double check the Reunion Files (If I can find the damn thing. Can't remember where I put it), but I'm pretty sure Nomura basically states that Loz was just having fun until he got the call telling him to take care of business.

"I. AM GOING. TO DIE. BECAUSE EVERYTHING. IS THE ****. ON FIRE." - Asuka Langley Soryu, Shinji Just Snaps and Totally Wails on Everything.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children
  3. Does anyone else think that... *SPOILERS*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived