• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. May 2020: Thesaurus Troubles 2: Electric Boogaloo RESULTS

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
1 month ago#1
Hello everyone,

First I would like to thank those who participated. We had ~20 entries for this competition, and the winners are as follows.

First Place with 50 points: $20 Steam Prize
@Suprak_the_Stud

Second Place with 35 points: 30 Karma Prize
@EgHeadFool

Third Place with 20 points: 20 Karma Prize
@LordOfDabu

Fourth Place with 19 points: 10 Karma Prize
@MikeTavish

Fifth Place with 15 points: 5 Karma Prize
@Kelayr
@The_Mighty_KELP
@Happy2Lucky
@-hotdogturtle--

Congratulations everyone! You'll receive your karma prizes before long. In addition the two random 5 karma winners are @RingoBell and @AlexMCS .

Now the correct answers are as follows; (I did accept if you were close, like a tense off)
  1. Stop it, don't open that door - Wesker, Resident Evil 1.
  2. Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Damn, I must be a genius! -Zelos, Tales of Symphonia
  3. What is a man? A Miserable little pile of secrets! - Dracula, Castlevania: SotN
  4. I came when I heard you beat the Elite Four - Professor Oak, Pokemon Red/Blue
  5. Not even death can save you from me - Diablo, Diablo
  6. I dreamt I was a moron - Squall, Final Fantasy VIII
  7. Where's everyone gone? Bingo? - Leon Kennedy, RE4
  8. I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite store on the Citadel. - Commander Shepard, Mass Effect 2
  9. Is there no one who can pose a decent challenge!? - Lu Bu, Dynasty Warriors franchise.
  10. Message from General Pepper. Priority one! - ROB 64, Star Fox 64
  11. Your enemy is the old you! - Pierce, Animal Crossing
  12. All right everyone, let's mosey. - Cloud, FF7
  13. Henceforth, you shall be known as the Slayer of Incompetent, Stupid and Disappointing Minions! - Nefarian, World of Warcraft
  14. Gentlemen, if just two week ago someone had mentioned legions of undead, man made monsters and demons from Hell would any of you have taken them seriously? - Jack Stone, Wolfenstein
  15. I need scissors! - Colonel Campbell

If you have any questions about the winners, the answers or think your entry may have been overlooked please contact me via PM.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!
RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MikeTavish

MikeTavish
1 month ago#2
Congrats to all the winners. This was ridiculously tough.
Formerly ff6man.
Azuarc won the guru! Congrats!

User Info: AlexMCS

AlexMCS
1 month ago#3
Yeah, kudos to the winners.
I only knew about the WoW one because I played that game A LOT.
I also could've gotten 2 and 3 right.

The rest are either not memorable enough or not from a game I've played.

User Info: Chronotripper

Chronotripper
1 month ago#4
Gosh, looking at these I remember all of the quotes. The tricky part was trying to get the exact quote. I only managed to get 8 and 10 spot on, but without getting any of the other quotes exact it was hopeless for me to figure out what game they might be from. I was on the right track with most of them too, just a word or two off. Nicely done to he winners!

User Info: Kelayr

Kelayr
1 month ago#5
Yeah, this definitely was a tough round. Congrats to the winners.

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
1 month ago#6
Congrats to the winners! I have no idea how y'all figure these out. Even with the answers, I have a hard time seeing how to get from one to the other.

My prediction was slightly off; I have played FF7, so that's #12 on the list (not that the quote is a particularly memorable one, or that there was any way I would've gotten it, even if the games had been given). It's also a series hit for #6. I've also played Tales of Phantasia, so that's a series hit for #2. Otherwise, I was right; never played any of these games or anything in their series.

@AssultTank number 15 doesn't have the game listed.
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...

User Info: Suprak the Stud

Suprak the Stud
1 month ago#7
The embarassing thing is I'm playing FF7 right now and still couldn't figure out the most famous FF7 quote here. "oops"
Moops?
"I thought you were making up diseases? That's spontaneous dental hydroplosion."

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
1 month ago#8
Suprak the Stud posted...
The embarassing thing is I'm playing FF7 right now and still couldn't figure out the most famous FF7 quote here. "oops"

Apparently didn't matter. Congrats, though. How do you even approach a contest like this?
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP
1 month ago#9
RingoBell posted...
Apparently didn't matter. Congrats, though. How do you even approach a contest like this?
Gingerly.

Well, this was definitely very hard, but fun!
Link to the Actual GameFAQs Poll of the Day Board: https://tinyurl.com/actualpoll
Discuss the poll of the day! Topicality is enforced.

User Info: Happy2lucky

Happy2lucky
1 month ago#10
Well played everyone, thanks as always AssultTank.

Definitely a couple more that I could have recognised. And also a couple of quotes that I had more or less reconstructed word for word just from synonyms/antonyms, but that's still next to useless if you don't actually recognise it as a video game quote.
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. May 2020: Thesaurus Troubles 2: Electric Boogaloo RESULTS
  • Topic Closed