• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. February 2020: Bossy Beats RESULTS

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
1 month ago#1
Hello everyone,

First, I would like to thank those who participated. We had ~20 entries for this competition, and the winners are as follows.

First Place with 40 points: $20 Gift Card
@LordOfDabu

Second Place with 25 points: 30 Karma
@The_Fury_Wraith
@Lokarin
@The_Mighty_KELP

Fifth Place with 20 points: 5 Karma
@Hyper_Inferno
@SuperMarioGamer

Congratulations everyone! You'll receive your karma prizes before long. In addition the two random 5 karma winners are @-hotdogturtle-- and @DDCecil .

Boss names are in spoilers because they can be sometimes. :P Game names are not, that way you know what you're about to reveal. Now the correct answers are as follows;

Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - Warehouse Tiger (I include this to expand the line to hide the true length of boss names)
Doki Doki Literature Club - Monika(HOLD THE LINE)
Earthbound - Giygas and Pokey(LOVE ISN'T ALWAYS ON TIME!)
FFXIV - Sephirot(OH OH OH! HOLD THE LINE!)
Killing Floor 2 - Die Volter(LOVE ISN'T ALWAYS ON TIME)
Mega Man 7 - Shade Man(OH OH OH)
Metal Gear Solid - Psycho Mantis(It's not in the words that you told me girl)
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness - Shadow Lugia(It's not in the way you say you're mine. ooh)
Prince of Persia - Warrior Within - Dahaka Chase(It's not in the way you came back to me.)
Remember Me - The Zorn(It's not in the way you love set me free)
Secret of Mana - Thanatos (Dark Lich)(It's not in the way that you look or the things that you say that you'll do.)
Shining Force - Darksol(HOLD THE LINE! )
Undertale - Asriel(LOVE ISN'T ALWAYS ON TIME)
Star Fox - Andross(OH OH OH)
Starlink: Battle for Atlas - The Dreadnought(Okay, I'm done. <.<)

If you have any questions about the winners, the answers or think your entry may have been overlooked please contact me via PM.

Additionally, I will be unable to run the March Competition I had planned as I lost my hard drive with my competition data on it.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!
RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
1 month ago#2
Remember to enter, people - I came in 2nd and I only got like 4 answers
"Salt cures Everything!"
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nirakolov/videos

AssultTank
1 month ago#3
Indeed.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
1 month ago#4
Good enough for me, because I've barely played any of those games.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
1 month ago#5
AssultTank posted...
Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Well, this is a most interesting pick. I consider this one of my top twenty or thirty games of all time and totally missed it, but, upon relisten knowing what the sample is, it's obvious.
Is it naive to dream of a world without war?

User Info: SuperMarioGamer

SuperMarioGamer
1 month ago#6
Wow I guess it was worth it to enter only knowing four (numbers 1, 3, 13, 14). I asked someone else after the contest ended and I found out #6 and wow that would have meant second place tie and 25 more karma but I made sure to play honestly alone.

Still nice to get a slight karma bonus and I definitely did not know the rest.
As I turn and look into the sun, the rays burn my eyes.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
1 month ago#7
Yep, never played or heard anything on that list except Secret of Mana. I like to think I would've recognized that one immediately, as that game is one of my all-time top favorite soundtracks and I still listen to it frequently. However, I still haven't even had a chance to listen to the posted music; I've just been busy.
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
1 month ago#8
RingoBell posted...
Yep, never played or heard anything on that list

Weird stuff happens. The last music quiz had a song from MA-DA-RA on it, which is an AWESOME soundtrack (Highly recommended), but very obscure
"Salt cures Everything!"
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nirakolov/videos

AssultTank
1 month ago#9
What I generally do is ask the other mods for song recommendations, then I fill out the list with stuff I've been playing recently and some more recognizable stuff to round it out.

Like recently I've been playing Starlink on my Switch, so I included that this time. I also often play Battlefront 2 (2005), Minecraft, Cities Skylines, and occasionally World of Tanks or Overwatch. <.<

But as a group, we have a wide variety in games that we play. Everything from SNES RPGs to Triple A shooters to MMORPGs.
Very nice. Must say that this was a very fun competition! Put me in the mood to do some quizzes online much like it. Thanks to AssultTank for hosting it!

zinformant posted...
Well, this is a most interesting pick. I consider this one of my top twenty or thirty games of all time and totally missed it, but, upon relisten knowing what the sample is, it's obvious.
Agreed. When I listened to that the first time, I thought it was from an NES game, lol. Can't believe I didn't realize where it was from, but that's also part of the fun.
A lot of sigs I read just have pointless information and seem to exist just for the sake of having a sig. This may be one of them.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. February 2020: Bossy Beats RESULTS
  • Post New Message