• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. September 2019: Thesaurus Troubles ($20 Gift Card Prize)
EgHeadFool posted...
Unfortunately I'm not sure AssultTank took such close care in terms of formatting. Unless you're going to tell me #24 isn't Star Fox: Assault

I went with Star Fox Command, although I was also considering using Star Fox Guard.

The fact that some of the entries do have colons implies that the ones that don't really don't.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: Ex-Kefiroth

Ex-Kefiroth
1 month ago#52
EgHeadFool posted...
Unfortunately I'm not sure AssultTank took such close care in terms of formatting. Unless you're going to tell me #24 isn't Star Fox: Assault

That's what I went with, but I guess it could also be Star Fox: Guard as well.
after years of waiting
nothing came

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
1 month ago#53
Kelayr posted...
EgHeadFool posted...

Went with Star Fox Guard on that one - indeed, because of the formatting.

I got pretty confident that it was Assault because on thesaurus.com "retreat" is literally the only antonym listed for it.

Also, another thing: in #21 I've convinced myself that he typo'd and meant to write "Office" instead of "Offense." I cannot see how "Offense" makes any sense, since with the word "Triad" in there I can't imagine the answer being anything other than Fire Emblem: Three Houses

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
1 month ago#54
Yeah, I think I definitely missed a couple colons. >.<

And offense was supposed to be office.

>.<
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!
RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;

User Info: Kelayr

Kelayr
1 month ago#55
AssultTank posted...
Yeah, I think I definitely missed a couple colons. >.<

That doesn't really seem fair since this information was not made known to us right from the start, but I suppose it's just too bad as it appears to be unintentional. Perhaps you might consider making some sort of allowance for those of us who considered the colons to be important in our answers.
Liberate you, from your wild curiosity.

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
1 month ago#56
Ya, I was trying to find every game that ended in Triple Threat and thought there was a Mario Soccer or Kirby game like that
"Salt cures Everything!"
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nirakolov/videos

User Info: spiritomolto

spiritomolto
1 month ago#57
Shoot. I forgot to send in my submission.

For #4, people are saying Dark Souls although I guessed Shining Wisdom.
Ma la vita continua...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BetrayedTangy

BetrayedTangy
4 weeks ago#58
I actually went with Star Fox: Adventures as 24, because I though of retreat as like a vacation, but seeing the other options makes me feel pretty dumb haha
My Quest to beat the Final Fantasies: I II IV V VI VII VIII IX X XII XIII XIV XV

User Info: Whammychip

Whammychip
4 weeks ago#59
spiritomolto posted...
Shoot. I forgot to send in my submission.

For #4, people are saying Dark Souls although I guessed Shining Wisdom.

Glad I'm not the only one who made that guess. Honestly, a lot of these have so many valid options that I can imagine grading them is going to be an absolute nightmare (the most likely reason why the results haven't been posted yet).
So Jill Valentine planned a three-way with Chris and Barry, but called it off at the last minute.
Needless to say, she was almost a Jill sandwich.

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
4 weeks ago#60
I think it's tricky because as I mentioned before, almost all of these can have many "valid" answers after playing with a thesaurus enough, given the immense number of games that exist. I don't think that alone would be the right criteria for a correct answer.

If it were me personally, I might be inclined to give partial credit to answers that fit especially well without being obscure to the point of virtually being unknown, and MAYBE in select cases give full credit to answers that fit perfectly and are also equally prominent titles as the intended answer.

All of this notwithstanding, I agree with others' earlier sentiment that this is a really cool and fun contest idea, and that we should have more like it!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. September 2019: Thesaurus Troubles ($20 Gift Card Prize)
  • Post New Message