You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. June 2019: Caption Cache RESULTS

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
1 week ago#1
Hello everyone,

First, I would like to thank those who participated. We had ~25 entries for this competition.

Now bear with me as scoring is a bit complicated for this one.

The person with the overall highest score was @-hotdogturtle--
So that means they are the grand prize winner, they will receive 50 karma and the $20 gift card prize.

In order, the next highest scorers are;

@OhioState82 – 30 Karma Prize

@Uglyface2 – 20 Karma Prize
@TUSMBOX – 20 Karma Prize

@Gaurocks – 5 karma prize
@EgHeadFool – 5 karma prize
@LordOfDabu – 5 karma prize

Now the final category was the top caption for each image, these I will post below in place of the answers, but these users will each receive 5 karma (in addition to any they won above).

Congratulations everyone! You'll receive your karma prizes before long(I hope). In addition the two random 5 karma winners are @supacaleb0 and @GoldSlime35 .

The winning captions!

1) TUSMBOX: The third leg of the zombie triathlon, the 2.3 mile crawl, begins, and we have one crawler starting to break away from the pack.

2) -hotdogturtle--: Live footage of the mod board when the queue is empty

3) OhioState82: You can have any color you want, as long as it's black.

4) Gaurocks: After dozens of career changes, Mario discovers that the first four letters of 'mariachi' are no coincidence

5) Uglyface2: Buncha spineless drunks...

If you have any questions about the winners, the answers or think your entry may have been overlooked please contact me via PM.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!
RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Uglyface2

Uglyface2
1 week ago#2
Thanks!

User Info: TUSMBOX

TUSMBOX
1 week ago#3
Sweet, I placed.
https://chroniclesofmixszt.com/
Oh. Woah.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
1 week ago#5
Aw, I thought I had some pretty good ones, but the winning captions are also great. Congrats everyone!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: GauRocks

GauRocks
1 week ago#6
I spent the most time working on #4, so I guess that paid off. Neat.
:{//=|ROYAL DEFENDER OF NABOO|=\\}:
REALLY
- adv. Apparently.

User Info: FishOfPain

FishOfPain
1 week ago#7
Congrats to the winners!

Any way to access the images again? I can only remember the image for the last one, and I can't seem to access them from the competition post. Were they taken down by the uploader (who I guess is you @AssultTank ) or is the hosting site just temporarily down?
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
1 week ago#8
Oh that's true, they do seem down. I think I requested this once in the past, but it would really be nice as a matter of course to include the original images/audio/whatever in the results threads. That way we can compare the answers to the questions easily. :)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
1 week ago#9
I would have included the images but imgtc is down right now due to a ddos. :(
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!
RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;
Oh well. I tried.
BlueCrystalTear | GNT BB4 Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
3DS 4356-4163-4781 | (((FREE HUGS))) | You're living your own life. You're you.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. June 2019: Caption Cache RESULTS