You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Hello everyone, welcome back to GameFAQs Competitions!
First, a disclaimer; This competition is not officially sponsored by GameFAQs or CBS Interactive and all monetary rewards have been provided by the moderation staff. This month's prize has been donated by me!
Now that we have the legal stuff out of the way, we are going to hold to tradition and have a creative competition for December. So your task is to tell a story about your favorite video game character getting transported to a different video game series by a different publisher. (So no Link in Mushroom Kingdom :P )
You can submit this parody using text, video, mp3, or images. Then, the moderation staff will vote on the entries, and the top five will win prizes. A $50 Gift Card for Amazon, Steam, Xbox, PSN, or Nintendo or 50 Karma will be awarded as the grand prize, as well as four 10 karma runner-up prizes.
To enter, create your work, and then upload it to a third-party site; for example, YouTube for videos, pastebin for text, or MediaFire for other file types. Then, enter with the link.
Important! Please submit your entry using the following format:
I cannot guarantee your entries will be considered if they are not in this format.You can include other text in the post, so long as the above text appears on its own line somewhere in your entry.
The deadline for entry will be in two weeks, on December 15th at 11:59PM Eastern Results will be posted one week later on December 22nd
Notes 1. Joint entries are permitted, but due to the nature of the first place prize, I can't really split it. If you really want, another user can help you, but only one of you can get the grand prize. Karma prizes will be split in case of a placing entry. If a joint entry takes first place, the second person will receive 25 karma.
2. Maximum two entries per user, but only one winning entry per user. If you enter twice and both qualify for prizes, your higher-place entry will receive the prize karma, and lower-placed entries will be bumped up.
3. All work must be original. That's not to say that you can't use other images, music, etc. as part of your entry so long as your usage of that other content falls under the privileges granted by Fair Use, but the actual end product must be your own.
4. The Terms of Service still apply -- don't post any entries that violate any of the normal terms of service.
5. Mark your spoilers. If your entry somehow spoils some game, note before the link to the entry what game is being spoiled.
6. To change your entry, delete your original post. I won't be compiling a list of entries until the deadline passes, so as long as your post is visible at the deadline, it'll be added.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes! RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;