• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. September 2018: Mod's Choice Awards (Nintendo Switch Prize)

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator-
10 months ago#131
Menji posted...
Also there are a few "what's your favorite game" topics on the Ask the Mods board.

I wish I had thought about that. D:
''25 posts in and no one has addressed the orignal question. Also, I'm continuing that streak :P'' ~ Lord_Zenki
Join the unknown: http://goo.gl/S75cmn

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
10 months ago#132
Menji posted...
That matches my list.

Final Fantasy IV took me the longest. I knew it was some FF but didn't get why the JP version was used unless that was specified by the mod?

I can buy the specification since FFIV is pretty different mechanically between the US and Japanese releases. Personally the Japanese release is better than the US one too (or its equivalent in the Easy Type release).
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
10 months ago#133
I found the Ask the Mods topics but I didn't think to search other boards. I'm feeling less confident in my chances of winning if people did even more research than I did.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

Eevee-Trainer
10 months ago#134
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
I found the Ask the Mods topics but I didn't think to search other boards. I'm feeling less confident in my chances of winning if people did even more research than I did.

This. I scoured profiles and AtM and had some foreknowledge about mod faves, but that's about it.
See me on Discord! ^.^

User Info: Manocheese

Manocheese
10 months ago#135
Menji posted...
Also there are a few "what's your favorite game" topics on the Ask the Mods board.

Ex-Kefiroth posted...
I also found a few similar topics on some private boards that mods had posted in.

It sounds like you two did more research than I did.

I mainly looked at the games on profiles; for example, Life Sympathy gave Tetris Attack a 5/5 and didn't give any other game on the list a 5/5, so I assigned Tetris Attack to him. AssultTank didn't give any game on the list a 5/5, but gave a 4/5 to Star Wars: Battlegrounds II and high ratings to similar-sounding games like Star Wars Galactic Battlefront Saga, so I gave him Star Wars: Battlegrounds II.

I looked at contributions too. TarElessar did a review for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in which he said it was one of the best games he had ever played, so I gave him that one. KookyCouture has only submitted one FAQ--for The Sims 2--so I figured he must like the game and gave it to him.

Some of the mods didn't have much in their profile to go off of, so I guessed based on age: older games for mods who've been around a while.
()_() Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
(o.o) http://manocheese.googlepages.com/manocheesery

Eevee-Trainer
10 months ago#136
Manocheese posted...
I mainly looked at the games on profiles; for example, Life Sympathy gave Tetris Attack a 5/5 and didn't give any other game on the list a 5/5, so I assigned Tetris Attack to him. AssultTank didn't give any game on the list a 5/5, but gave a 4/5 to Star Wars: Battlegrounds II and high ratings to similar-sounding games like Star Wars Galactic Battlefront Saga, so I gave him Star Wars: Battlegrounds II.

I looked at contributions too. TarElessar did a review for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in which he said it was one of the best games he had ever played, so I gave him that one. KookyCouture has only submitted one FAQ--for The Sims 2--so I figured he must like the game and gave it to him.

Kooky is a girl, btw, but yeah I had all the same answers for them. >_>
See me on Discord! ^.^

User Info: Braev

Braev
10 months ago#137
I guessed Battlefront II for tank because he tends to use that series for the music competitions. I mean who else haha, not that I did much research though.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
10 months ago#138
I figured that SW Battlefront was probably the least mainstream game on the list, so I gave it to AssultTank as soon as I saw it on his profile (but yes the other SW games also helped confirm it).

You pretty much described how I did most of them.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: ChickenBot

ChickenBot
10 months ago#139
Menji posted...
What was everyone's strategies for picking a mod to a game?

The games on their profile should have been the most obvious. Also there are a few "what's your favorite game" topics on the Ask the Mods board.

Pretty much the same, those favorite game topics helped me reverse engineer and find games too. Didn't know about the private boards though. :(

I'm really curious about billyb2004's, since most of the ones on his list are sports games and none of these really lined up with that.
"After all we've been through. Everything that I've done.... it can't be for nothing."

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
10 months ago#140
I totally forgot about that part. Didn't know about half of the games, either. Knew I wasn't going to win, so didn't bother going all out. I'll be pleased if I got all the games I should've known correct. Random karma prize would be an extra bonus.
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. September 2018: Mod's Choice Awards (Nintendo Switch Prize)
  • Topic Archived