November 2017: Melancholy Melodies

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. November 2017: Melancholy Melodies

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
6 months ago#1
Welcome back to GameFAQs Competitions!

This month we have some sad news, or maybe it was sad music. Your task is to identify the songs. There are 20 songs, and each song has a 5 second clip. But they all evoke sadness in somone.

Again, a disclaimer; This competition is not officially sponsored by GameFAQs or CBS Interactive and all monetary rewards have been provided by the moderation staff.
This month's prize is sponsored by me!

Rules
Do not share information or ask for information from other GameFAQs users that may help you gain an advantage in this competition. Consulting family and friends in real life, who do not plan to partake in these competitions, is fine. If you are caught cheating you will be barred from future competitions and any posts will be moderated with a karma loss.

To Enter
Send a PM to me (AssultTank) with your answers. In your PM, please use the subject line "November Competition Entry" and make sure to number your guesses.
Example:
1. game - area/song
2. game - area/song

Scoring & Prizes
You will receive three points for guessing the correct game and 2 points for the name of the song or area the song can be heard in.

Prizes are:
1st Place: 40 Karma
2nd place: 30 karma
3rd place: 20 karma
4th place: 10 karma
5th place: 5 karma

In addition, two randomly-selected (non-blank) entries that did not win karma will also receive a 5 karma prize. So even if you have no idea what the correct answer is it may be worth participating, as you have a shot at the random prize!

Tied Entries
If there are multiple submissions that rank the same, they will all get that rank's prize, however this will bump down all lower ranked submissions by 1 rank. For example,
2 entries tie at 45 points for first place, 1 at 44 points, 1 at 41 points, 1 at 40 points, and 1 at 27 points.
In this situation, the 45 point entries would both receive 1st place. the 44 point entry will take 3rd place, the 41 point entry will take 4th place, and the 40 point entry will take 5th place.

The Music!
https://soundcloud.com/assulttank/competitionfinal/s-ocQHe

The deadline for entry will be Wednesday, November 15th at 11:59PM Eastern and winners will be announced on the following Wednesday.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!
RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
6 months ago#2
Note to self: look at this later.
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
6 months ago#3
AssultTank posted...
This month's prize is sponsored by me!

AssultTank posted...
1st Place: 40 Karma
2nd place: 30 karma
3rd place: 20 karma
4th place: 10 karma
5th place: 5 karma

Hmmm... So we're taking TC's karma in this competition... =p
Maybe I'll put something here one day.

User Info: Braev

Braev
6 months ago#4
Is it just my browser or something or does the track not play?
There's a mystery to be uncovered here, that's for sure. And I get the feeling the truth is beyond my wildest imagination.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
6 months ago#5
Braev posted...
Is it just my browser or something or does the track not play?

Works for me. I'm using Chrome.
Maybe I'll put something here one day.

AssultTank
6 months ago#6
>.< I missed that in my template...
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam/Amazon prizes!

User Info: Braev

Braev
6 months ago#7
Eevee-Trainer posted...
Works for me. I'm using Chrome.

Thanks, that did it. I got so used to using the stock browser on my tablet.
There's a mystery to be uncovered here, that's for sure. And I get the feeling the truth is beyond my wildest imagination.

User Info: Earthshaker

Earthshaker
6 months ago#8
*Cracks knuckles.*

EDIT: well, this'll be a doozy, but one of the trickier ones has been my ringtone for a year, soooo.
[Brackets.] - Current goals (10/6/17): Git gud at Spidey/Frank (MvCI), all chars in HotS (Ana, D.Va, Sylv, Butcher, ughGenji, Zera, Probius) GW2 - get Howler

User Info: Ex-Kefiroth

Ex-Kefiroth
6 months ago#9
Always enjoy these name-the-song contests

still waiting on August's karma prize. >.>
sharp.
distance.

AssultTank
6 months ago#10
Yeah, I'm gonna send Allen another reminder on the August and October ones... <.<

I have to time it so that it pops up when he's working, otherwise, I think it gets buried.

Also, I've got recorded a small behind the scenes video showing some of how I make these... <.< I'll post it after I announce the winners... <.<
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Competitions
  3. November 2017: Melancholy Melodies

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived