You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Any rules I need to know about being an 'Expert'?

User Info: Shadeon_Koopa

Shadeon_Koopa
4 weeks ago#1
I have been a registered user on this website for about 4 weeks, and after answering quite a few questions (with some of my answers being accepted as top answer) for Yokai Watch 3, I was notified as having gained 'Expert' status for that game when I logged in today.

I'm still a relatively new user to this website, so I would like to know if there's any rules that Experts should specifically consider, like if I might cause a violation if I accept my own answers to other users' questions (as I'm not sure). I checked the general Help page, but I couldn't find any information about Expert status.

I feel that being an Expert is some sort of privilege, and so I want to continue to be as helpful as possible for the Yokai Watch 3 answers page.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#2
I don't think there's a lot of special "hard and fast" rules, just some one courtesy to keep in mind:

If you come by a question that already has an answer, don't effectively rehash that answer, submit it, and then answer it yourself to give yourself credit. I'm not even sure if this is a "rule," I just view it as kinda rude.

That's not to say it isn't acceptable to accept your own answers if the need arises. But be sure to let others be able to get Expert, too.

Beyond that, I can't think of anything that doesn't apply to everyone in general.

I do feel like if a question is "recent"-ish - say, asked in the past few weeks - you should refrain from accepting an answer, just in case the asker wants to follow up on any given answers.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

User Info: Shadeon_Koopa

Shadeon_Koopa
4 weeks ago#3
No problem; I have already accepted a few answers, but only those which I believe have been rather thorough and clear enough for the asker to understand (and are not too recent, marked as 'unresolved'). Otherwise, I will either wait for follow-up or provide a more thorough answer if I feel it's necessary.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#4
Shadeon_Koopa posted...
No problem; I have already accepted a few answers, but only those which I believe have been rather thorough and clear enough for the asker to understand (and are not too recent, marked as 'unresolved'). Otherwise, I will either wait for follow-up or provide a more thorough answer if I feel it's necessary.

Sounds good! ^_^b
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Any rules I need to know about being an 'Expert'?