You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Android phone won't access gamefaqs. "Bad Gateway."

User Info: JCvgluvr

JCvgluvr
1 month ago#1
I've had this problem for the past 24 hours. The Chrome browser on my Galaxy J3 (2016) has suddenly decided it won't view any part of the Gamefaqs website anymore. Every other website works fine. But when I try to see the message boards, or anything else here, my browser says:

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."

Can anyone here please tell me what is going on, and how I can fix it? I've shut my phone off completely, turned it back on, opened and closed the chrome browser, and anything else I could think of. Nothing works. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Currently playing: Monster Hunter: World, Beat Saber and Dead Rising 2: OTR

User Info: Null_Gain

Null_Gain
1 month ago#2
I've been getting this on my Android as well (using Firefox) for the past day or so. But logging onto Gamefaqs with a private tab gives me no problems, strangely enough.
Switch + 3DS + X1
The character limit on signatures needs to be increased.

User Info: FolkenRawr

FolkenRawr
1 month ago#3
Been using GFAQs almost exclusively on my phone for quite a long while - haven't ever changed any type of settings or anything, yet I've been having this issue for a few weeks now. Other than clearing out the cache constantly, is there any type of fix for this?

Thanks
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jewstin-1884/hero/96459279
Dokkan Battle - GFQJustMe - 1682407820

User Info: polankerboy

polankerboy
1 month ago#4
I started getting this error yesterday as well. I just been clearing my cookies to fix it.
Ace Attorney series = Best DS games ever!
***BC-4 Life***

User Info: JCvgluvr

JCvgluvr
1 month ago#5
I can confirm that using a private/incognito tab provides a temporary solution.

But I'm not about to log in every time I want to see Gamefaqs on my phone. Or clear my cookies. (Sometimes that causes big problems I'm not aware of until after the fact.) Hoping there is a more permanent solution going on behind the scenes.

Would be nice to hear about this officially, one way or the other.
Currently playing: Monster Hunter: World, Beat Saber and Dead Rising 2: OTR

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
1 month ago#6
I have been getting it too. For now download the Firefox browser.
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
1 month ago#7
Does Gameraven or any of the other apps get around this?
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

User Info: Buzz Killjoy

Buzz Killjoy
1 month ago#8
Same issue for me. Sometimes completely closing Chrome fixes it, other times I have had to reboot my phone. Seemed to start around the same time as updating to Android 9 Pie.
Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

User Info: Ulfar

Ulfar
1 month ago#9
Just now getting this problem after years of browsing on mobile.

User Info: NiftyManZ

NiftyManZ
1 month ago#10
I am getting the same issue on my iPhone. Safari works fine but chrome gives the bad gateway error.
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Android phone won't access gamefaqs. "Bad Gateway."