• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Is the purge OK?

User Info: Lifeless

Lifeless
1 week ago#1
She's missed meals at RI for two days now and I'm getting worried. Has anyone seen her around? Did she change her schedule? Why wouldn't she tell me? I thought we had something special. u_u
This signature exists to make lines of text at the end of my post not look like a signature, which would probably otherwise be overlooked.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 week ago#2
Wtf is this
I'm only abrasive to morons, take that for what you will.
~DBFZ- Vegito/Kid Buu/SSJ Goku ~ Tekken 7- King/Bryan ~ SFV- Lol as if I'd play that trash, ever...~

Lifeless
1 week ago#3
lmao hi there Lord_Wombat
my bad, I'll translate

I frequent Random Insanity which, according to the purge schedule in the Help Files, is supposed to be on a 3-day purge rate. But nothing has purged the past two cycles, and there are still topics from as far back as 2/1 UTC sitting around.

I'm not sure if other faster or slower boards are experiencing this as well because I don't pay enough attention to them, so I do also wonder if others have noticed something similar.

I can't tell if something's just broken or has changed across the boards recently. But if the schedule has indeed changed, I haven't found any information detailing the new schedule yet, which would be appreciated.

I thought we had something special. u_u
This signature exists to make lines of text at the end of my post not look like a signature, which would probably otherwise be overlooked.

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
1 week ago#4
There was a petition about this on SS and apparently Devin changed the purge rate:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/77451872
give it a name
Huh, I saw this post recently: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/77451872

He just locked the topic without explaining anything, so I assumed that he meant "this has been addressed in the past and we're gonna continue not changing anything". But maybe he actually did change the purge rates.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

Lifeless
1 week ago#6
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
I assumed that he meant "this has been addressed in the past and we're gonna continue not changing anything".

I thought the same thing to be honest, lol

Thanks for the link to that SS topic, guys. That's awesome if we do have a slower purge now. Hopefully we'll be seeing an updated schedule in the Help section soon... 🤔

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 week ago#7
Huh, I saw this post recently: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/77451872

He just locked the topic without explaining anything, so I assumed that he meant "this has been addressed in the past and we're gonna continue not changing anything". But maybe he actually did change the purge rates.

Yeah this is what I thought too...
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
1 week ago#8

You're correct. Just haven't updated the help page yet. Consider the new rates in sort of a testing phase.

The new purge rate is meant to keep _more_ topics on boards for longer. Previously it was entirely based on how many posts a given board had, but now it'll be tied to just how far down the list a topic is.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 week ago#9
Lifeless posted...

Ah, gotcha. I had just woken up, read it like 4 times, and got nowhere :p

Devin Morgan posted...

Nice
I'm only abrasive to morons, take that for what you will.
~DBFZ- Vegito/Kid Buu/SSJ Goku ~ Tekken 7- King/Bryan ~ SFV- Lol as if I'd play that trash, ever...~

User Info: Happy1912

Happy1912
1 week ago#10
Devin Morgan posted...

You're correct. Just haven't updated the help page yet. Consider the new rates in sort of a testing phase.

The new purge rate is meant to keep _more_ topics on boards for longer. Previously it was entirely based on how many posts a given board had, but now it'll be tied to just how far down the list a topic is.

While testing will we have an idea of how long topics stay up for and I assume this is site wide testing.
XL FC 3755-2065-2060 Switch FC SW-1289-7377-4301/2DS 4098-9016-5170 Discord happy1912#7613 Smash Ultimate Mains Pikachu, Isabelle O3DS FC 0361-6489-6518
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Is the purge OK?
  • Topic Closed