• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. How to clear the (1) notification by my trophy icon?

User Info: GunMage_Author

GunMage_Author
2 months ago#11
AvlButtslam posted...
I think if you click on whatever trophy you got the notification about it'll clear. Just worked for me when I went into the February consecutive days one.

Thank you!
https://i.imgur.com/ckUQB9T.gif

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
2 months ago#12
GunMage_Author posted...
AvlButtslam posted...
I think if you click on whatever trophy you got the notification about it'll clear. Just worked for me when I went into the February consecutive days one.

Thank you!

I think I'm confused. I've got tons of trophies. Many are ongoing. Which one is it?

Edit: I clicked around randomly and it worked lol
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
2 months ago#13
Do you not see the "Mark All as Read" at the bottom of the trophy notification dropdown? Does it not work?

User Info: AvlButtslam

AvlButtslam
2 months ago#14
There wasn't a drop-down for me when I'm on mobile. The drop-downs are there for the other notifications and PMs but not for the trophies.
Hey kiddies

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 months ago#15
Fishels posted...
I think I'm confused. I've got tons of trophies. Many are ongoing. Which one is it?

I think I see what's confusing here. Clicking the trophy button brings you to your personal badge list. When you have a notification, "you have earned the _____ badge", each notification links to the direct page for that badge (e.g. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/%21/badges/63-faithful). Visiting these individual badge pages is what clears the notifications. Just visiting your badge list does not clear them because the site is expecting you to click on the separate badges.

So my suggestion for the admins would be to clear the notifications by visiting community/username/badges.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: The Popo

The Popo
2 months ago#16
I just came to this board to ask the same question. As -hotdogturtle- commented, it would be helpful to make a visit to the badge page remove the (1) notification next to the trophy icon. I kept clicking on the icon and it would not go away, which is what I was assuming would work (seeing as if someone posts in your topic or tags you in a post, clicking on the (1) next to the message icon removes that notification).

I did get it to go away by clicking on each badge/trophy until it went away, but I hadn’t thought to do that until visiting this thread.

Just my 2¢.
Live action Hungry Hungry Hippos though, now that was a sport. ~Aeon Azuran

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
2 months ago#17
The Popo posted...
I just came to this board to ask the same question. As -hotdogturtle- commented, it would be helpful to make a visit to the badge page remove the (1) notification next to the trophy icon. I kept clicking on the icon and it would not go away, which is what I was assuming would work (seeing as if someone posts in your topic or tags you in a post, clicking on the (1) next to the message icon removes that notification).

I did get it to go away by clicking on each badge/trophy until it went away, but I hadn’t thought to do that until visiting this thread.

Just my 2¢.

Also it is very hard to find the trophy causing it imo.

Process of elimination

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 months ago#18
Fishels posted...
Also it is very hard to find the trophy causing it imo.

Process of elimination

Well you can click them from the notifications themselves. They tell you what they are.

Still unintuitive either way.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
2 months ago#19
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
So my suggestion for the admins would be to clear the notifications by visiting community/username/badges.

Can look into it tomorrow.

User Info: badwinkles

badwinkles
2 months ago#20
haha, fools
y/n
User is no longer an active member.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. How to clear the (1) notification by my trophy icon?
  • Topic Closed