• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Why can I be the owner of only 1 community board?

User Info: G-Ziss

G-Ziss
3 months ago#1
I am currently the owner of 1 community board and have been for the past couple of years. Tonight I decided to create a 2nd one, but I was not able to. Upon further checking, it seems that a user can only own 1 community board.

What is the reasoning behind this? Seems like a senseless restriction to me. I can understand not wanting the amount of community boards to get out of hand, but I think if a user can maintain one community board, they should have the option to create another one if they desire to, especially if it's gaming related and a standard board does not already exist for it.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
3 months ago#2
I do agree this is an unusual restriction, especially in light of alt accounts (though of course, you'd have to log into said alt for like two years).

I guess it might be justified in looking at however many dead boards there are (i.e. most of them). Probably meant to be a means of saying "focus on one board and keep that one alive," or perhaps just to avoid flooding the site with a bunch of boards.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
3 months ago#3
I feel like, if given expansion, the middleman role of "board maintainer" could be created; a quasi mod that can manage several boards at once.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
3 months ago#4
There shouldn't be restriction for created game boards.
"It is not death I fear, I only fear doing nothing in life!" [I quit Badges Hunting. RIP Badge Levels!]
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
3 months ago#5
yeah I made the mistake of archiving my board, thus not being able to delete said board and starting over.

I've tried a petition on the site suggestion board to delete archived topics, but that got nowhere fast.
RIP Off-topic Flair May 17, 2017-May 18, 2017
ModestJ 5/20/2018 3:43:14 PM#98 Safe to turn this game off now. Back to Bar Rescue.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
3 months ago#6
I think it's been long enough and we've seen how the board system has gone that they should remove the restriction (or at least raise it). You can "focus" on a board all you want but you can't make people post there if they don't post. The relatively small percentage of people who actually care about topical boards should be allowed to make more to contribute to the site's scope of subjects.

(This should be a given, but just in case, social/private boards are fine limited to 1; we're just talking about topical boards)
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
3 months ago#7
They should allow users to have more boards (at different levels).
"It is not death I fear, I only fear doing nothing in life!" [I quit Badges Hunting. RIP Badge Levels!]
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator

User Info: Myriad

Myriad
3 months ago#8
Don’t have a problem with the limit. With as many community boards that end up dead, it’s not a problem. There is also no reason you couldn’t do multiple themes on your own board if you wanted to.

User Info: G-Ziss

G-Ziss
3 months ago#9
Kinda hard to do multiple themes when my current board already has a very specific name to it. Nobody except for the current members would even know it exists.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
3 months ago#10
The flaw with the logic is associating owner activity to board activity. You can be active and respond to every post made on the board (I've seen boards slow enough that this happens), or make more new topics than every other poster combined, but that won't make a board be more active. It's not your fault if a board ends up dead, you have no control over that.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. Why can I be the owner of only 1 community board?
  • Topic Archived