How do I find topics that have been closed?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. How do I find topics that have been closed?

User Info: Flappers

Flappers
1 week ago#1
I want to go back to an old topic to read something but I can't find it, even through using search.

There should really be something that lets me view all of the topics I have made, regardless as to whether or not they're active J:I
Look at my bio to check what Egg-Move/Hidden Ability Pokemon I will breed for you.
I also have shinies for trade in exchange for a Pokemon I want.

User Info: billyb2004

billyb2004
1 week ago#2
If it's an old topic perhaps it has archived. If so look through your archived history: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/user/archive
You can observe a lot just by watching.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1050-achievement-and-trophy-hunters

Flappers
1 week ago#3
It still isn't there...and how come I can't find this stuff by clicking around regularly? Why do I need a link?
Look at my bio to check what Egg-Move/Hidden Ability Pokemon I will breed for you.

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
1 week ago#4
Flappers posted...
It still isn't there...and how come I can't find this stuff by clicking around regularly? Why do I need a link?

A way to find the same link is to go to My Posts and scroll to the bottom.
Welcome home, shed your skin and expose your bones.
Take my hand, follow us into the black so far that we can't get back.
Was it made on a board that doesn't archive posts?

There's no way to access topics that have been purged from the boards, or otherwise deleted, at least, not directly from GameFAQs itself.

Flappers
1 week ago#6
It's bizarre. It isn't really archived, it's just closed (unless that's the same thing). It didn't get deleted. It's just gone, I can't find it anywhere. I still wish there was a way I could see all my topics, even if they aren't active anymore. Like, is it just me?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 week ago#7
Flappers posted...
I still wish there was a way I could see all my topics, even if they aren't active anymore. Like, is it just me?

I'm with you. Sometimes I want to find a topic I posted in, say, a month ago and can't remember the title, so I just want to find my post. But if it was archived in the meantime, it's not possible. At least not in any way I've seen on this site.

What I do use is Google, though. I know it's not the best solution (which would be to have "see every post I've made, even archived") but it's the best I have. What you can do is type in your username, some keywords you can remember from the topic (maybe even other usernames) and add in site:gamefaqs.gamespot.com at the end of the search terms. That will search all pages on this website and will try to find the ones containing your name - that would be mostly message boards pages. By adding more keywords, you can narrow down what you find, otherwise, it'd be every single post you've made in no real order.

So, if you want to search for this topic a year or two later, you could search for something like flappers find topics closed site:gamefaqs.gamespot.com - you're likely to get some unrelated results but at least you're likely to get something. The more keywords you can add the better.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
Flappers posted...
It's bizarre. It isn't really archived, it's just closed (unless that's the same thing). It didn't get deleted. It's just gone, I can't find it anywhere. I still wish there was a way I could see all my topics, even if they aren't active anymore. Like, is it just me?

There are only a few options.

-It was on a board which does not archive topics (they just purge). Then it's gone.
-It was deleted due to moderation.
-It is there in the archives and you're just not looking hard enough.

Where and when was the topic that you're looking for? It can't be "not archived" and also "not deleted", it has to be one or the other.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

Flappers
1 week ago#9
My guess is that I just haven't looked hard enough. I'll look better later now that I got some advice. Thanks, all.
  1. Boards
  2. Message Board Help
  3. How do I find topics that have been closed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.