• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenogears
  3. Can any physical gears (Xenogears mainly) deal 19,998 without Omega100?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#1
Assuming I stick to the X70-8000, would any gears reliant on deathblows for their damage be able to hit the coveted 19,998 mark (I.E Xenogears with Kishin)?

I much prefer having a balance of output as opposed to raw power but garbage fuel, so I'm not a fan of Omega100. Generally my party is Fei, Citan and Emeralda (on a full Ether setup), but lately I've been a big fan of Billy and his Ether Guns, and so I want to give Billy a try with an Ether setup this game, and possibly Bart too.

Then either another No Upgrade run, or a playthrough on the Hard Type mod. Has anyone here played that? http://ngplus.net/InsaneDifficultyArchive/www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index5431.html?/topic/5586-xenogears-hardtype-v41/

And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BetaSquadron

BetaSquadron
1 month ago#2
No. To hit 19998 damage, you need to hit 9999 with a normal attack followed by 9999 with a combo attack. The latter is easy, but the former is the bottleneck.

The physical damage formula is: Damage = Power*(4*Attack - 3*Defense)

The strongest normal attack, X, has a power of 1.0

So even if Enemy Defense was 0, you'd need a Gear Attack of 9999/4 = 2500 to hit max damage.

That's not possible to attain with Engine 70 and 3 GNRS50s.

Xenogears, Steir, or Seibzehn's attack multiplier is 12, so their Gear Attack is 12*70 = 840. Each GNRS50 gives half your gear's engine output times ten: 10*70/2 = 350. So 840 + 3*350 = 1890

Then Max Damage = 4*1890 = 7560

Endgame Gears have 300-800 Defense, so realistically subtract 900-2400 damage from that max possible damage.

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#3
I wasn't going to use three GNRS50's anyway. Usually I go 2 GNRS50's and a Magnetic Coat (or any good Response item that doesn't penalize Agility), then I have reliability with the S/X attacks and don't have to stick to T to not miss. Also pairs very well with an Evasion Ring.

So if I went Omega100 with Xenogears and had 2 GNRS50's, that's what, 1200 + 2*500 = 2200, for a maximum damage of 8800? Still too short even with a buff like Yin Power.

So the only way would be with Omega100 and 3 GNRS50's?

Guess I'd better just grab a Z-Charger then. I can do Omega100 for every gear that relies solely on physical attacks and/or spells, so Fei, Citan, and Emeralda. X70-8000 I figure is better for the gears that have some kind of special attack, so Billy, Bart, and Maria. I wouldn't know how to build Rico, I never use the worthless meathead.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BetaSquadron

BetaSquadron
1 month ago#4
I mean the Omega100's and GNRS50's are overkill anyway. You can wreck powered-up Deus with the X70's. Not sure about the hard mod

User Info: phiefer3

phiefer3
1 month ago#5
BetaSquadron posted...
That's not possible to attain with Engine 70 and 3 GNRS50s.

Xenogears, Steir, or Seibzehn's attack multiplier is 12
Really no reason to look at them, as they're just a 3-way tie for 2nd place when it comes to physical attack power for gears. Crescens stands alone on her throne as the biggest hitter in the game.

Her engine multiplier may only be 10, lower than the others you mentioned, but after a certain sidequest Crescens receives an additional 1.2 multiplier to both her offensive stats (this isn't reflected in the status menus, it's applied as part of the damage calculation). On its own this would make her tie the 12 multiplier gears, but because GNRS accessories are additive with the engine multiplier and Crescens' bonus is applied after, it means that she actually multiplies the GNRS accessories as well.

(as an aside, it's far simpler to treat the gnrs accessories as additive increases to the engine multiplier, so a GNRS50 simply adds 5 to the multiplier).

So with the X70 and 3 GNRS50s equipped, this makes Crescens' attack 25*70*1.2=2100

admittedly still not enough to do 9999 with a regular attack.
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
Everytime you see him, the phiefer's just so hype. He's dope on the board and he's magic on the mic. ~fidormula

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#6
How about Billy? Does his S Attack scale solely off the engine or his Ether stat? Do any of his Deathblows scale off his Ether stat?

Thinking about trying a setup with Billy revolving around his S Attack and Level 2 Deathblows, and maybe even a Deathblower2 if the added Damage and lowered fuel cost for the SX Deathblow is worth a slot.

Either that or just spam S until Hyper Mode and then use S Infinity’s.
(edited 1 month ago)
I mean, do you want to do 19,800 damage, or do you feel you need to do 19,800 damage? Rest assured it's definitely not necessary to absolutely destroy the game!
http://rpgmaker.net
We make games, dude.

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#8
Tryscal The Great posted...
I mean, do you want to do 19,800 damage, or do you feel you need to do 19,800 damage? Rest assured it's definitely not necessary to absolutely destroy the game!

I just want to be able to match the ass whooping a certain “boss” delivers to Bart in the early game.

User Info: k debonair

k debonair
1 month ago#9
Foxhound3857 posted...
How about Billy? Does his S Attack scale solely off the engine or his Ether stat? Do any of his Deathblows scale off his Ether stat?
I just recently played through the game, and I had billy doing 17K with a square-X deathblow. that was just with the usual power magics, either doubler, and a bunch of drives dumped on him. if you tweaked it a bit and found an enemy weak to one of the elemtns, then you could probably get 19998 damage.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Xenogears
  3. Can any physical gears (Xenogears mainly) deal 19,998 without Omega100?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A