• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Walking in St Francis' Folly

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
3 years ago#1
So, the first Tomb Raider game is a source of nostalgia too strong to describe for me. And there is one level that stands out and has a special place in my heart: St. Francis' Folly. I've always wondered if the location is based on a real one. So today I googled the question ...

Turns out it is based on the Greek monastery valley Meteora. And Meteora ... is the place I visited this summer. One of the few famous places I have been to. Wow, I was walking in St. Francis' Folly, integrated into that unreachable world that my childhood self longed for, without realising it. I'm moved to finally know ...

Not looking for replies on this board with this topic. I just wanted to share a wonderful experience. Just because ... It will be archived when you read it, but at least you did. It's funny how much symbolic things can mean to us, huh? Being a human sure is nice sometimes.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Walking in St Francis' Folly
  • Topic Archived