• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Removed the cobwebs from this game.

User Info: Incertarum

Incertarum
3 years ago#1
Actually I downloaded it for the PS3 but I guess you know what I mean.

I presume that it's likely that this won't get read but I just wanted to say that I've been replaying this a few times, once as a normal game and another couple of times with restrictions. I played the usual "No Medipacs" but it isn't really that difficult so I tried something else which turned out to be sooooooooo frustrating at times.

First rule was no avoiding enemies; if I came across one I had to beat it. Second rule was to set a target of finishing the game still holding 50 shotgun shells or more, 50 small medipacs or more, 50 large medipacs or more, 2,000+ magnum shells and 6,000+ uzi shells. Doesn't sound too difficult, does it? Well, I added one more restriction. NO SAVE CRYSTALS! Eeeeeeeeeeeek! Using the d-pad made errors a big possibility when running around high up. The times I had to reload because I fell off a ledge that was too high to survive were uncountable. Or pressing forward roll instead of jump and then disappearing over the edge. In some of the longer levels errors were very costly when it came to time. Having to restart Palace Midas after getting most of the way through it almost saw me put the tv through the window. Atlantis was another long trek with many opportunities of screwing up by not paying attention....something I did on more than one occasion.

Happily I did manage to complete it and I was very fortunate with my targets. I finished with exactly 50 small and 50 large medipacs, 58 shotgun shells, 2,485 magnum shells and 6,200 uzi shells. To finish with a lot of ammo you need to shoot most things with the pistols unless you're short of room and/or facing more than one enemy at a time. Like when you're at the end of the Sanctuary of the Scion and you have to raise the small gate to get out. There are three mutants waiting for you and two of them will come into the passage. If they both come in together and you use the pistols you'll either die or end up using far too many medipacs. I used the shotgun against those two but when I went outside I could flip around and deal with the third one with just the pistols.

All in all it was a fun challenge though a little frustrating. Every serious error was met with game over and a return to the beginning of the level. With a little care and concentration it isn't difficult to do this challenge but if you get cocky you'll be brought back to reality real quick! Give it a go if you think you can deal with the frustration but remember....NO BLUE SAVE CRYSTALS! Save only when prompted at the end of each level.
Feigned outrage; the new religion
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Removed the cobwebs from this game.
  • Topic Archived