• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Apparently, Atlanteans are immune to lava ... (spoilers)

User Info: DSkillz

DSkillz
4 years ago#1
Not sure how many of the old standbys still peep this board, but here goes ...

I'm currently playing in Atlantis on my third TR 1 playthrough. Instead of killing the Atlanteans that roam the corridor leading to the third secret, I decided to run past them to the next corridor with the switch that activates the lava flow. One of the Atlanteans followed me into that next corridor as the door shut behind me.

At that point, I flipped the switch to get that lava going, and with the lone Atlanean hounding me, of course the lava fried Lara before I could get to the next ledge. The weird thing is, though the corridor was now filled with lava, the Atlantean walked right through it like nothing was there!

Weird, huh?
Maybe it should be a proverb ... - Iroh.

DSkillz
4 years ago#2
I've also found that enemies in general are immune to hazards that can kill Lara. Earlier on in The Obelisk of Khamoon, I lured a alligator into the path of a rolling boulder and the boulder passed right through it. Same thing happened when I lured the raptors toward the rolling boulder in Tomb of Qualopec.

DSkillz
4 years ago#3
One last bump, lol.

In the same lava trap in Atlantis, I also found that the lava in this specific area can't harm Lara until the lever is pulled, and Lara can slowly jump through the stationary lava like a boulder after it's stopped rolling.

I couldn't find a way through that door with the medi-packs, though. Apparently, even after eighteen years, it still has yet to be done.

Of course, long-time vets of the game probably already know these things. :) :p

User Info: Moeman_

Moeman_
4 years ago#4
I'm not long-time vet, but that sounds really silly! I like classic Tomb Raider so far, but I really wish Core had coded in the ability to use the traps to kill off enemies.
"Be confident, think positive!"

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
4 years ago#5
I think I remember something like being unable to be damaged by lava while pulling up a ledge (or something), but I don't recall the enemy immunity bit. Good stuff. Doesn't look like the guy who used to update the Glitch FAQ is around here anymore, though.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Apparently, Atlanteans are immune to lava ... (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived