• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. What the hell is this?

User Info: Jotakaru

Jotakaru
1 year ago#1
So i was going through hellgate and i saw my soldier (archer) with this below him and well i would like to know what does it mean, i make sure that it only happens on him, and well it doesn't if i make denim a soldier he has that too, im starting to think i mastered the class but i want to be sure

thank you

Image so you can see http://prntscr.com/ngl9uc

User Info: bunalz

bunalz
1 year ago#2
Any units whose class is Soldier or Amazon will get that.

I believe it's just another graphics. Don't know why the developers bothered differentiating "OK" with "UP".
It's not easy to get things simple. It's not hard to make things difficult.

Jotakaru
1 year ago#3
Looking it that way maybe they put it so the player knows the soldier can be a different class, which sometimes is better, anyway i have him as an archer, i'll keep it that way

Jotakaru
1 year ago#4
bunalz posted...
Any units whose class is Soldier or Amazon will get that.

I believe it's just another graphics. Don't know why the developers bothered differentiating "OK" with "UP".

i forgot, thank you for answering, even tho this game is so freaking old i still posted and didn't actually thought someone would answer

User Info: Feathermind

Feathermind
10 months ago#5
It's a holdover from Ogre Battle, which had a multi-tiered class system that showed different symbols depending on whether you could upgrade to the next tier of your class, change classes but not to the next tier of that particular branch, or lacked the ability to change at all. Tactics Ogre did away with the tiered system for the most part (though many of the former higher tier options show up now as special classes or bonus dungeon foes) so it only shows on the two base tier classes, and possibly dragons if I remember right.

I wonder if Cleric can get the symbol too. Aside from the dragons Cleric>Priest is the only tiered class upgrade from Ogre Battle that's still intact (though with the loss of Heal+ many don't consider it an upgrade).
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. What the hell is this?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A