• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Questions about Alignment Element Weather and Body Grab

User Info: bloodsaber

bloodsaber
7 months ago#1
I have just started playing this game for the first time, and have been reading the guides, including the battle mechanics guide, and I have some questions...

1.) I know that a character with earth alignment will have better results casting earth spells,
but scrolling down the mechanics guide, it looks like individual spells have their own alignment.
I'm seeing that Petrify and Poison and an alignment of N, and that Acid Rain, and Healing Rain have an alignment of C. Does that mean that an N aligned earth element character will have better results such as accuracy while casting Poison and Petrify than a C aligned earth element character? Will a C aligned water element character have better results casting Acid Rain and Healing Rain than an N aligned water element character?

2.) The mechanics guide says that L aligned characters do better in good weather, and C aligned characters do better in bad weather. I have some questions about this. Is this a flat bonus, such as a C aligned character will get a + 10 bonus in the rain, but never a negative, or will they actually do worse in clear weather such as - 10? What about N aligned characters? Are they better all around in weather?
or actually worse because they never get a weather bonus?

3.) For an L aligned character, would Wind be a good element? I see from the mechanics guide the L characters get a bonus in good weather, but wind characters get a bonus in storms... would this balance out and make a good all weather character, or should I choose a different element for an L aligned character, such as earth and fire, that get a bonus on clear days? Since L aligned characters are supposed to do better in clear weather, and fire and earth characters are supposed to do better in clear weather? So I am not certain, would an L aligned, Wind be a good all around character, or would it be better to go with fire or earth element on an an L aligned character?

4.) I was reading about the body grab spell, and I'm wondering how it works. Is the change permanent, or does it wear off after time or a number or battles? Can the weapon be removed and the change still be there? I'm wondering, could I have a skeleton fighter, who permanently looks human?

Thanks,
  1. Boards
  2. Tactics Ogre
  3. Questions about Alignment Element Weather and Body Grab
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
What the hell is this? HelpJotakaru44/28 4:48PM