The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden II
  3. Questions to help grind drops

User Info: LordMagus

LordMagus
4 years ago#1
I have the absolute worst luck, so I need to use whatever I can to speed up drop grinding. That said, I'm hoping people have answers to some obscure questions:

1. Are the encounter tables the same for every area of a dungeon? Or does it help to try and find an area that spawns the desired monster more often?

2. When do you get the option to "Let go" instead of "run"? Is it based on average team level, or highest-level unit? Do you have to be higher than the enemies by a set number of levels, or by a percentage of levels?

3. I've heard conflicting information on whether you have better luck killing the monster you're farming first, or killing it last when you encounter a mixed-enemy team. Anybody know how drops are calculated for this?

Any help is appreciated. I think I spent over an hour and a half trying to farm double beat runes, running from everything but rabbits, with no luck. Another 45 minutes trying to get Technique runes, also with no luck.
Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper...

User Info: purieal

purieal
4 years ago#2
1. Generally speaking, yes. Encounter lists usually only swap out based on story progression, so there's not an area with a higher concentration of CutRabbits. If you're some place like Tenzan, there's an off chance that moving between screens will cause a different module to load with some slight changes in the lists, but I don't think that happens.

2. The highest level member of your party must be more than 5 levels above the highest level member of the enemy party, and the total level of your party must be higher than the total level of the enemy party.

3. Kill the enemy that drops what you want first. The game attempts drops as enemies are killed, and the first drop that hits is all you get.

User Info: LordMagus

LordMagus
4 years ago#3
Great, thanks for all the answers!
Say, can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper...
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden II
  3. Questions to help grind drops
  • Topic Archived