• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden II
  3. Exit Fate: Spiritual successor to Suikoden 1 & 2.

User Info: Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff
11 years ago#1
Some guy just released a free game called Exit Fate, which borrows tilesets, music, battle and war system from Suikoden 1 and 2 especially. There are over seventy-five characters to recruit, just like in Suikoden, the battle system is almost identical with six character parties and it's apparently a console-length RPG.

So far where I've gotten to there is a ton of political backstabbing involved, just like the Suikoden series. Since this is unlikely to get it's own board, why not talk about it here? Or maybe KFCrispy can see this and host it on SuikoSource.

http://www.scfworks.com/ef.php

We can talk about how to recruit characters, secrets and the story here for now. (:

User Info: SunsprayHoney

SunsprayHoney
11 years ago#2
I played up until right before the first army battle.

I hope it gets better and more original, so far it's pretty DULL.
I couldn't fix your brakes so I just made the horn a lot louder.

Jigglypuff
11 years ago#3
Every Suikoden is boring for the first 15 minutes, you aren't thrown into political chaos and backstabbing right off the mark. Those first fifteen are to let you get accustomed to the war battle system, the main characters and setting the foundation for the story.

User Info: SunsprayHoney

SunsprayHoney
11 years ago#4
Says you. I was very entertained by most of the Suikodens right from the beginning. It's not the lack of battles that makes this game boring, it's the uncreative setting mixed with the cliche/dull characters. I've played more into the game and it's still the same.

From a technical aspect it clearly had a lot of work put into it, but the beginning of the game should be able to suck you right into the story and make you interested. I'll keep playing b/c there's a part of me that still thinks it might get good.
I couldn't fix your brakes so I just made the horn a lot louder.

User Info: scarlet988

scarlet988
11 years ago#5
I started playing it and I like it, and i think it'll get better
I believe, therefore I am.

User Info: donutbandit0

donutbandit0
11 years ago#6
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Jigglypuff
11 years ago#7
Optional character #1:

Before leaving on the boat, go back to elf village and talk to the man in the inn. You can get him later, but he helps a lot more to have early.

User Info: dustin121284

dustin121284
11 years ago#8
make sure you have 75 arn or more before you talk to the boat chick
"If at all possible, I prefer to forge my own path through life, then call it "destiny" once the cards have settled..."

Jigglypuff
11 years ago#9
If you don't, don't worry about it. It's not a gamestopping bug, all you need to do is go to the item shop in the new town and sell a herb or something. You have to have something in your inventory or equipped to your characters.

User Info: Kashmeria

Kashmeria
11 years ago#10
Could somebody post how to recruit all the characters (list as many as you've recruited so far)?

I'm trying to make a guide for the game, but I've never done so before. Learning how to recruit the characters would probably be the most difficult part.
An RPG without EXP? See it for yourself!
http://transcendenceonline.boardzero.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden II
  3. Exit Fate: Spiritual successor to Suikoden 1 & 2.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A