Perfect Game Questions and Help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden
  3. Perfect Game Questions and Help

User Info: FireLordJeff

FireLordJeff
3 years ago#1
I've recently decided to make perfect files on the entire Suikoden series. So, I'm going to start with the 1st one.

I've been scanning over some of the things to do with the game and things like that to refresh my memory a bit. So it seems like getting all the characters has been covered pretty thoroughly, so no issues there.

But, things like limited-time monsters is what I'm worried about. For example: rare drops like the Celadon Urn and tricks like getting the Yardstick, Salt, Soy sauce & Soap. I took a look at the biggest FAQ (A Backdated Future) it was from 2009, so I figured it would have the most updated info. The first item I looked into checking was the Celadon Urn, which he doesn't mention. So, so far, I've been doing my own research from various sites and here's what I found to be limited/one-time items:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10235

I found this link, and it seems pretty good. Can anyone add anything that they don't have or anything I should be worried about? Just as long as I can get at least 1 of every item in the game is my biggest concern from monsters/dungeons/shops.

I know some shops change, like Gregminster, is there any others?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks^^

PS: I have no issues with getting the characters, just any info on monsters and shops and things like that. Also if anyone has other guides I should be using as well.

User Info: garan

garan
3 years ago#2
You can get either a Fortune or Prosperity rune at the very beginning of the game with McDohl (and Ted if you want Prosperity)-- you have to leave before going to Magician's Isle. Get lucky with a random encounter or 3 to survive the first couple of levels, sharpen weapons, and head over to Sarady.

FireLordJeff
3 years ago#3
Thanks for that info Gran.

To be more detailed about my question:

From what I see the only 2 items that you can't get later on in the game are these 2 urns (Octopus Urn & Celadon Urn). They both drop from BonBon on the map around Gregminister. Once you're banished from that area (go past the gate) they can never be fought again.
Basically I want to get 6 of each of them to be perfect (since 6 is the max you can put in the bath). However since you can't check what the urns actually are until way later.

My questions are where can you actually first appraise the urns and do you just randomly keep everyone urn you get and fill your inventory. Then get to that point in the game where you can appraise them and see which ones are which? And will the same urn always appraise into the same one as well? Or does each urn have a chance at being different every time?

So what I'm trying to ask is if the first choice above is the right one: would yo have to fill your inventory with urns, get to the point where you can appraise them, see which ones are which (say I get 2 celadon urns and so I mark down which ??? urns turned into the celadon, put them as the 1st and 2nd item on McDohl (or whoever) and then reset the game. Then drop all the non-celadon urns (while keeping #1 and #2 on McDohl) and keep repeating that process over and over again until all the ??? urns you have are celadon/octupus urns.

Also, are there any other items that are like this? Or are these the only 2?

I know about the Goldlet from the Gigantes boss. Other than that, I don't see people talking about any other items that are from monsters,

Any input is appreciated, thanks ^^

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
3 years ago#4
You can appraise the urns right away

FireLordJeff
3 years ago#5
SheenavsKilley posted...

Do you remember where cause I searched all the towns ahead up to where you talk about getting the castle an still no appraiser unless I missed him somewhere?

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
3 years ago#6
Are you actually playing or simply reading a FAQ?
FAQ won't tell you, but you should be able to find an appraiser if you actually play the game

FireLordJeff
3 years ago#7
FireLordJeff posted...
SheenavsKilley posted...

Do you remember where cause I searched all the towns ahead up to where you talk about getting the castle an still no appraiser unless I missed him somewhere?

Well you obviously didn't read my post... You just responded with an ignorant comment. I'll say it again more clearly for you: I physically put the game disc into my PS3. Loaded up my save. Which is still at the beginning where I've got to capture the bandits. I'm farming for ? Urns. I saved my data. I went ahead with the game and got to the point of the game where they talk about me getting my castle. I've searched hihg and low in every town from Gregminister at the start to that point in the game and I didn't see one. So you guys all say there is one, so either you guys are wrong or I'm just blind. Please tell me which town is the very 1st you vist that you can appraise items. Thank you.

User Info: Final Legion

Final Legion
3 years ago#8
FireLordJeff posted...
FireLordJeff posted...
SheenavsKilley posted...

Well you obviously didn't read my post... You just responded with an ignorant comment. I'll say it again more clearly for you: I physically put the game disc into my PS3. Loaded up my save. Which is still at the beginning where I've got to capture the bandits. I'm farming for ? Urns. I saved my data. I went ahead with the game and got to the point of the game where they talk about me getting my castle. I've searched hihg and low in every town from Gregminister at the start to that point in the game and I didn't see one. So you guys all say there is one, so either you guys are wrong or I'm just blind. Please tell me which town is the very 1st you vist that you can appraise items. Thank you.

Dude, relax. There's an appraiser in Gregminster and an appraiser in Kouan. It's been a while since I've played the first Suikoden, but, if I recall correctly, you should still have access to Gregminster or, since you're at the part of the game where Mathiu suggests using Toran Castle, you can walk south from Seika for a ways, past Kaku and to Kouan.
My top LOL moment on GFAQS: "I've been on these boards since Metroid Prime 2 buddy. I'm just warning you."-edward18
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden
  3. Perfect Game Questions and Help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived