• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: syaugust8

syaugust8
7 years ago#1
I've started playing this game again after a couple of years and am having a blast. I've gotten the combo system down as well as many of the item creation mini games. However, I can't seem to make the "Fireman" item to teach Chisato "Flamethrower." I've made all of her other Killer Move items as well as several for Opera. Does anyone know the rough point range I should aim for to create this item? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

User Info: Aussie2B

Aussie2B
7 years ago#2
That one takes a lot of points, I believe. At least 250, but your odds of getting it are much better at 300+. There is some degree of randomness, though, so even if you're in the right range, you may get a different item that's also in that range.
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

syaugust8
7 years ago#3
Thanks a lot! I'll give it a go! I've been at it all day but in the meantime at least I was able to make all of Opera's machinery items. By the way, your guides are totally invaluable! Do you know if you'll ever get around to completing your comprehensive walkthrough?

syaugust8
7 years ago#4
I apologize for the double post, but I just wanted to clarify that I finally got "Fireman" to teach Chisato "Flamethrower." It took me several hours and plenty of restarting but I managed to get it with 355 points. Thanks again! You truly are a Star Ocean master!

Aussie2B
7 years ago#5
Heh, you're welcome. :) To be honest, I just looked up that bit of info in one of my Japanese strategy guides, I couldn't remember off the top of my head. :P

I do still aim to finish my FAQs, but I really couldn't give any kind of time frame. Even though it's been many years since the last update, I never did abandon them. I do still work on the FAQ every once in awhile, but I definitely don't have the same amount of free time to devote to FAQs that I did a decade ago (I was still a teenager when I started the Blue Sphere guide; now I'm closing in on 30). It also doesn't help that I started something very ambitious with the FAQ that makes progress very slow going. But, anyway, I'm really glad that you've found the guides helpful, and I promise I'll upload an update someday. :)
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"

User Info: hergman

hergman
7 years ago#6
so youre the guy with that walkthrough!

know that you faq, altough unfinished, is more helpful that the other, completed one
Giovanni : hahaha
Im the caid of my shoes and i control every toe-nail in it.

syaugust8
7 years ago#7
No worries! I can only imagine how arduous writing such a comprehensive guide is. If you ever do get around to updating it, though, you will make lots of Star Ocean fans very happy!

Aussie2B
7 years ago#8
Thanks so much for the kind words from both of you. :) It's been awhile since the last time I put some work into them, so I'll try to get to that soon since you two have inspired me to get back to it. Still can't promise an update in the near future, but it'll get me one step closer.
  • Topic Archived