• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Are the AI controlled allies all of equal skill?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 year ago#1
I know Falco is supposed to be the ace pilot of the team and Slippy the incompetent fool, but it seems like all three of them are incapable of bailing themselves out of situations that Fox himself has no trouble dealing with. Peppy can't ever shake Pigma, Falco can't ever shake Leon, and Slippy can't ever shake Andrew (and supposedly he's even more inept at flying than Slippy), they always need Fox's help to survive. They all seem equally worthless in the moments that matter.

Has anyone ever had a Fortuna, Bolse, or Venom 2 scenario where your copilots were actually able to hold their own or even defeat their rivals?
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: EvolutionSFox

EvolutionSFox
1 year ago#2
Never, they were always deemed to fail for me. That nothing bothered me as much as Falco who was supposed to be an amazing pilot, always needed your help. Lol
Star Fox fan.

User Info: The Kamikaze

The Kamikaze
1 year ago#3
Not at all, they're your supporting cast and you're the hero. What did you expect? ;)
You can only win if you dare!

Foxhound3857
1 year ago#4
The Kamikaze posted...
Not at all, they're your supporting cast and you're the hero. What did you expect? ;)

For Falco to be on par Leon? For Peppy to be on par with Pigma? For Slippy to be on par with Andrew? Not for them to consistently get stomped by what is supposedly a dead equal matchup. I can accept them getting wasted on Venom 2 because of the upgrades the Star Wolf team receives, but on Fortuna/Bolse...no.

Granted I don't play those stages very often because my route for scoring avoids them both: Corneria > Meteo > Katina > Sector X > Macbeth > Area 6 > Venom 2

User Info: lalala_la

lalala_la
1 year ago#5
Foxhound3857 posted...
Has anyone ever had a Fortuna, Bolse, or Venom 2 scenario where your copilots were actually able to hold their own or even defeat their rivals?

At the beginning of the fight, the Star Wolf pilots will be chasing your wingmen. After you save them, then there's a certain chance that your teammates will turn the tables and start chasing the Star Wolf members. On Fortuna and Bolse, your teammates will shoot down their rival eventually, but I've never seen it happen on Venom 2 since they can just spin to deflect the lasers. It's still good though, since it means one less teammate to babysit. Also as far as gameplay is concerned, Falco, Peppy and Slippy all behave identically during the Star Wolf fights.

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
1 year ago#6
The AI has skill?
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
Don't be a turd. - Chris Pratt

lalala_la
1 year ago#7
No, but they could've had more scripted instances showing your teammates actually doing some damage to the enemy. That way at least they'd sorta look like they're ace pilots...

Foxhound3857
1 year ago#8
lalala_la posted...
No, but they could've had more scripted instances showing your teammates actually doing some damage to the enemy. That way at least they'd sorta look like they're ace pilots...

Well the way I see it is Falco is an ace pilot and should easily be able to hold his own against a nobody like Leon. Peppy is Pigmas former wingman and so they should be equally matched.

But Slippy is a bumbling fool, and so I can see him being completely incompetent in a dogfight, especially against the likes of Andrew. Slippy would be the liability here, not the entire team...

User Info: ShiftBlood

ShiftBlood
1 year ago#9
Are the Star Wolf team all programmed with equal attributes?
BotW2 opening scene is Bolson nonchalantly humming to himself, watering plants in his house with Tarrey Town music playing

lalala_la
1 year ago#10
Yeah. Wolf attacks you, while the others go after your teammates. If they shoot down your teammates, or they just weren't there to begin with, then they come after you instead and basically turn into another Wolf.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Are the AI controlled allies all of equal skill?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I save? General2 Answers
What is the WR for high score? General1 Answer
Is My High-Score Even Possible? General1 Answer
How do I beat Andross? Enemy/Boss2 Answers
How do I beat Star Wolf 3? Enemy/Boss7 Answers