• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. beat hard path of this game well(at least a hard enough path)

User Info: gameassasin

gameassasin
2 years ago#1
i just defeated a hard path of this game without having any teammate losses at all(i think) and efficiently(i didn't look like a complete noob while doing so,that topic on how to get good enough paid off). my final score is 1080.

ps:if anyone is wondering what i mean when i say a hard enough path. i count a playthrough of a given route if at least 3/6 levels of that route(corneria doesn't count) that way i can have some freedom with how i do my route choice. my path,corneria-sector y-katina-sector x-sector zed-area 6-venom II does fit the criteria so i consider it a hard route playthrough.

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
2 years ago#2
to me the only true "Hard" route is the all-red path of Corneria - Sector Y - Aquas - Zoness - Sector Z - Area 6 - Venom

that said, I find the highest scoring route to be Corneria - Meteo - Katina - Sector X - Macbeth - Area 6 - Venom, I can usually get around 1200+ hits this way with Katina being the only stage that doesn't provide a large number (but much more than Fichina or Solar)
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
Don't be a turd. - Chris Pratt

HylianFox
2 years ago#3
However, the Corneria - Sector Y - Aquas - Zoness - Macbeth - Area 6 - Venom route is also good for getting a high score if you're skilled enough (Macbeth is much better for hits than Sector Z is)

Zoness has a pretty high hit count, but unfortunately the only way to get there is via Aquas, and the only way to get to Aquas is via Sector Y.
:/

gameassasin
2 years ago#4
HylianFox posted...
However, the Corneria - Sector Y - Aquas - Zoness - Macbeth - Area 6 - Venom route is also good for getting a high score if you're skilled enough (Macbeth is much better for hits than Sector Z is)

Zoness has a pretty high hit count, but unfortunately the only way to get there is via Aquas, and the only way to get to Aquas is via Sector Y.

I was going to do that,but aquas is a level i would sell to satan for a gallon of air if i could. Thus i changed routes to avoid that level.

gameassasin
2 years ago#5
gameassasin posted...
HylianFox posted...

I was going to do that,but aquas is a level i would sell to satan for a gallon of air if i could. Thus i changed routes to avoid that level.

Still,i got a good score count considering the route i took right?

HylianFox
2 years ago#6
Not bad, most likely better than I did taking the Venom 2 route for the first time

User Info: Rypt

Rypt
2 years ago#7
I remember always trying to take Sigerou Miyamoto's favorite route... I think it was the place where you fight Star Wolf the 1st time, then the place where you meet Bill, then Sector Z, then the place with those big round ships, then the end level

User Info: JDM_Jev

JDM_Jev
2 years ago#8
That would be impossible since enter star wolf and katina are both mission 3s. You can go to katina and then fight star wolf later at bolse or venom 2 but not star wolf and then katina.
you get that thing I sent ya

User Info: Rypt

Rypt
2 years ago#9
JDM_Jev posted...
That would be impossible since enter star wolf and katina are both mission 3s. You can go to katina and then fight star wolf later at bolse or venom 2 but not star wolf and then katina.

Well it's been about 20 years. All I remember is Bill, the Great Fox, and Star Wolf at some point. I played the s*** out of this game though. Even got all of the medals in expert mode.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. beat hard path of this game well(at least a hard enough path)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I save? General2 Answers
How do I beat Andross? Enemy/Boss2 Answers
What is the WR for high score? General1 Answer
Is My High-Score Even Possible? General1 Answer
How do I beat Star Wolf 3? Enemy/Boss7 Answers