• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Having trouble with the hard route-help

User Info: gameassasin

gameassasin
2 years ago#1
I beat easy and medium routes,but i’m Running into trouble with the hard route.

For 1)i’m struggling with aquas especially at the end part with electric fish and those bloody starfish

2)zoness isn’t so bad as a mission,but sarumarine was a tough boss

3)i can barely survive area 6 because i always get hit by a ton of missiles or find another way to get reduced to low health

4)i haven’t played venom hard but i suck at star wolf dogfights so that will be a problem too

Help getting good?

User Info: JDM_Jev

JDM_Jev
2 years ago#2
Use the brake and seriously spam torpedoes throughout Aquas and especially in the trench. This and spamming the roll is the key to surviving this level/the boss and getting the medal.

I think Aquas is a harder level than Zoness, that one feels almost like a bonus level. But if you time it right you can get both cannonballs and the bombs they drop in one volley during the boss. When he's doing his last attack just move before he sways he'll only correct to hit you at the start.

Area 6 is about starting with hyper lasers and bombs, which you should have lots of from the Zoness boss. Charge shots help rack up hits from missiles while destroying a bunch in one go.

Star wolf is meant to be hard but always go for Wolf first so you can go after the rest of them in peace (provided they have health). Being stuck going here from Area 6 means your teammates are usually damaged which makes it much worse when they get shot down.
you get that thing I sent ya

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
2 years ago#3
JDM_Jev posted...
Star wolf is meant to be hard but always go for Wolf first so you can go after the rest of them in peace (provided they have health). Being stuck going here from Area 6 means your teammates are usually damaged which makes it much worse when they get shot down.

Honestly, I always save Wolf for last since your teammates suck at dog-fighting and need all the help they can get. I can dodge Wolf well enough for him to be more of an annoyance than a threat.
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
Don't be a turd. - Chris Pratt

gameassasin
2 years ago#4
gameassasin posted...

For 1)i’m struggling with aquas especially at the end part with electric fish and those bloody starfish

3)i can barely survive area 6 because i always get hit by a ton of missiles or find another way to get reduced to low health

4)i haven’t played venom hard but i suck at star wolf dogfights so that will be a problem too

Help getting good?

Okay a little update. I have decided to change my route to be

Corneria-sector y-katina- sector x-sector z- area 6-venom

Now how to deal with missiles effectively and deal with the warp route from sector x

gameassasin
2 years ago#5
gameassasin posted...
gameassasin posted...

Help getting good?

Now how to deal with missiles effectively and deal with the warp route from sector x

Never mind,Dealing with missiles is easy with hyper lasers. As for the warp route from sector x,don’t take wing damage there by boosting in bursts in order to avoid pillars and you’re good

User Info: LukeSkyvvalker

LukeSkyvvalker
2 years ago#6
HylianFox posted...
JDM_Jev posted...

Honestly, I always save Wolf for last since your teammates suck at dog-fighting and need all the help they can get. I can dodge Wolf well enough for him to be more of an annoyance than a threat.

How can anyone even tell who is in what ship unless you just happen to shoot someone as they're talking (and even then you'll likely lose sight of them, etc).

JDM_Jev
2 years ago#7
Wolf is the only one who shoots at you until any of your wingmen go down. The other star wolf members focus solely on their rival star fox member until they shoot them down as well. This and their tendency to basically confirm they're being targeted when they spout lines while getting shot at makes it pretty easy to tell them apart after a few fights. Just look at who they're tailing.

gameassasin
2 years ago#8
gameassasin posted...
gameassasin posted...
gameassasin posted...

Help getting good?

Never mind,Dealing with missiles is easy with hyper lasers. As for the warp route from sector x,don’t take wing damage there by boosting in bursts in order to avoid pillars and you’re good

Ignore what i said about sector x warp route not being a problem. I need help with doing that without taking wing damage. At least the sarumarine and aquas are no longer problems also sector z is still easy.

gameassasin
2 years ago#9
JDM_Jev posted...
Use the brake and seriously spam torpedoes throughout Aquas and especially in the trench. This and spamming the roll is the key to surviving this level/the boss and getting the medal.

I think Aquas is a harder level than Zoness, that one feels almost like a bonus level. But if you time it right you can get both cannonballs and the bombs they drop in one volley during the boss. When he's doing his last attack just move before he sways he'll only correct to hit you at the start.

Area 6 is about starting with hyper lasers and bombs, which you should have lots of from the Zoness boss. Charge shots help rack up hits from missiles while destroying a bunch in one go.

how am i supposed to get an oppertunity to hit these guys easily

JDM_Jev
2 years ago#10
Somersault when Wolf is behind you and start turning hard in his direction before it even finishes to get behind him. Wait until you can get a good number of hits in before shooting he won't roll or somersault/u turn until then. The other star wolf members just shoot them while they tail your dumb teammates they fly very straight most of the time following them. When the star fox member they chase is gone the same rules as with Wolf apply since they start going for you.

Really just somersaults and the hard turn are all you need. When the star wolf members are in a somersault they're easy to hit if you are spaced correctly you can nail them pretty hard while they're stuck in the loop.

Edit: forgot to mention that you can skip the cutscene and light them up while they're flying in formation. They come in from the bottom right corner of the map every time and there's just enough time to spin around before they appear on Venom 2 to get some shots in at the start.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Having trouble with the hard route-help
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I save? General2 Answers
What is the WR for high score? General1 Answer
How do I beat Andross? Enemy/Boss2 Answers
Is My High-Score Even Possible? General1 Answer
How do I beat Star Wolf 3? Enemy/Boss7 Answers