• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Should i cancel my route choice to area 6

User Info: gameassasin

gameassasin
2 years ago#1
I recently beat Macbeth with the good ending(awesome mission by the way) and almost getting the medal on that stage(i was one point off :( with 1 ). However once i went on to area 6,i lost my hyper lasers due retrying that level and area 6 / venom hard route seems a pain without them. Should i cancel routes and go to Bolse instead?

User Info: l_Xanato_l

l_Xanato_l
2 years ago#2
Nice job on clearing Macbeth. How did the rest of your playthrough go? Did you end up switching to Bolse?

gameassasin
2 years ago#3
l_Xanato_l posted...
Nice job on clearing Macbeth. How did the rest of your playthrough go? Did you end up switching to Bolse?

thanks,
after that playthrough i started over and redid my original planned route(Corneria,sector Y,katina(even though i got enough points to go to aquas),solar, macbeth,area VI,hard venom) except with bolse instead of area 6 despite getting good ending on macbeth like i was supposed to do.i did lose my hyper lasers on solar due to wing damage. With the hard path i was also afraid of hard venom because i suck at the star wolf dog fights. I chose bolse inititially to get me prepared for those dogfights. but then i realized that i can just ignore the star wolf fights as a whole on that level.i also almost got a medal on bolse. so all in all this playthrough went pretty well except for venom(died twice against temple boss).

User Info: lalala_la

lalala_la
2 years ago#4
Even if you lose your hyper lasers, it's pretty easy to get them back. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you're trying to get the medal in Area 6. Although, you probably will want to have at least twin lasers going into the Star Wolf fight on Venom.

gameassasin
2 years ago#5
lalala_la posted...
Even if you lose your hyper lasers, it's pretty easy to get them back. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you're trying to get the medal in Area 6. Although, you probably will want to have at least twin lasers going into the Star Wolf fight on Venom.

Okay I’ll keep that in mind for my hard route playthrough( i already finished the medium route while going to bolse because i lost my hyper lasers again,this time by taking wing damage on solar rather than retrying macbeth.also i realized that i kind of suck at star wolf dogfights.I seriously found katina to be an easier mission than fichina was because of this),thanks
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Should i cancel my route choice to area 6
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I save? General2 Answers
What is the WR for high score? General1 Answer
How do I beat Andross? Enemy/Boss2 Answers
Is My High-Score Even Possible? General1 Answer
How do I beat Star Wolf 3? Enemy/Boss7 Answers