• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Favorite Teammate

User Info: The Kamikaze

The Kamikaze
3 years ago#11
lalala_la posted...
Well if we're judging them on usefulness, I'd point out that Falco's kill count isn't much better than Slippy's.

numbers? ^^
You can only win if you dare!

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
3 years ago#12
lalala_la posted...
Well if we're judging them on usefulness, I'd point out that Falco's kill count isn't much better than Slippy's.

If we're judging them on usefulness, then in order...
Slippy: Team mechanic, brilliant inventor and all-around maintenance guy, least skillful pilot but games like Assault show he's comfortable in other vehicles.
Peppy: Experienced advisor and navigator, has plenty of wisdom and sage advice, probably the one Fox listens to the most and is almost like another father to him.
Falco: He's, uh, brash and cocky and spouts lots of one-liners, somehow the second-in-command for his supposed ace piloting skills, which is a role Fox already serves.
Slippy wins because no matter how wimpy he can be in flight, his expertise is too invaluable in making Star Fox function.
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
3 years ago#13
quittaboi78 posted...
Slippy: Team mechanic, brilliant inventor and all-around maintenance guy, least skillful pilot but games like Assault show he's comfortable in other vehicles.

this is what TV tropes refers to as an "Informed Ability", we're told Slippy is a mechanical genius but we never really see it
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
i.imgur.com/a2EzoIs.gif i.imgur.com/rPcGRiP.gif

User Info: quittaboi78

quittaboi78
3 years ago#14
HylianFox posted...
quittaboi78 posted...

this is what TV tropes refers to as an "Informed Ability", we're told Slippy is a mechanical genius but we never really see it

We know he created the Blue-Marine and upgraded ROB's AI over the years. Do we need to see him building his tools and gadgets directly on-screen, taking away gameplay time?
Whoever started using the word "canon" in this context, anyway?
I hear it all the time now, and I'd like to slap him. - Green Gibbon!

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 years ago#15
At least when Slippy got into trouble you expected it, the other two however.......there is only room for one useless wingman and it has been taken Falco and Peppy, now do your jobs not slippy's.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: therobot2044

therobot2044
2 years ago#16
Bumps.
Been playing video games for over 30 years!
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Favorite Teammate
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I save? General2 Answers
What is the WR for high score? General1 Answer
How do I beat Andross? Enemy/Boss2 Answers
Is My High-Score Even Possible? General1 Answer
How do I beat Star Wolf 3? Enemy/Boss7 Answers