• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Really odd high score on my cart

User Info: Skillet23

Skillet23
11 years ago#1
First off, I'm no expert on this game. At all. I'm also no expert on this game's high scores. But something about this score seemed a little off to me...
I was looking through the high score list on one of my SF64 carts earlier, and noticed that the number 1 score on it was 3481.
Yeah, 3481 isn't groundbreakingly high, but when I looked at the route and individual scores, I was a little confused.

Corneria, 487. Meteor, 487. Fortuna, 487. Sector X, 511. Titania, 511. Boise, 487. Venom, 511.
Like I've said before, I'm no score expert. I can hardly pass this game with a score of 900. It just seemed weird to me that someone would get the same score on every level. Wouldn't it be higher in some areas, and lower in others? (487 in Fortuna...? Is that even possible?)

I'm sorry if this is a common occurrence (And for probably spelling level names wrong!), I was just wondering if this seemed off to anyone else on here (Who actually knows about this game).
Thanks for reading.
Ouuuuuuuch.

User Info: INGX

INGX
11 years ago#2
Someone used a gameshark on your cart. When the "Loads o' Hits" code is used, it'll put your scores at either 999 or 1023 basically at random, and when the 512+ scoring subtraction glitch happens it'll put the 999s as 487 and the 1023s as 511.
http://www.youtube.com/ingx32
My youtube channel, full of awesome Star Fox 64 high score videos!

Skillet23
11 years ago#3
Ah. That explains it. Thank you.
Just a random thing though, will their use of GameShark effect that cart at all? Or just that high score?
Ouuuuuuuch.

User Info: INGX

INGX
11 years ago#4
Just that high score. The code is only in effect when the gameshark is in the N64. :)
http://www.youtube.com/ingx32
My youtube channel, full of awesome Star Fox 64 high score videos!

Skillet23
11 years ago#5
Well that's a relief.
Thank you for all your help!
Ouuuuuuuch.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox 64
  3. Really odd high score on my cart
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I save? General2 Answers