• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Adventure
  3. I had no idea this game came out just 3 months after MGS1 and 1 month after OoT.

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
4 years ago#1
Pretty crazy to me that this game came out in Japan at the height of the 5th generation. Zelda and Metal Gear were barely making the transition to 3D on N64 and PS1 and Sonic already had a 6th generation release. I just hadn't realized how early the Dreamcast really was. This was just 2.5 years after Mario 64 and Quake. Less than 2 years after Final Fantasy VII. Barely more than a year after Goldeneye. 8 months after StarCraft. A few months BEFORE Everquest was a thing. 3 whole years before Halo CE and GTA III.

Why did it take almost 10 months for the Dreamcast to come out in North America and other places worldwide? It was so, so far ahead of its time. Would have been crazy to play a 6th generation Sonic game around the same time the Game Boy Color was blowing me away by being the hottest new technology.
Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea. This is the Enterprise: a big circle with a porch. I'm the Captain Picard. Come with me!

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 years ago#2
Slave 1 posted...
It was so, so far ahead of its time.

Except it didnt have a DVD player built in ;)
---

User Info: SpaceXoDDity

SpaceXoDDity
4 years ago#3
The dreamcast is the most underrated game system, that's for sure.
I don't see why a zombie apocalypse should have to hinder fashion sense.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Adventure
  3. I had no idea this game came out just 3 months after MGS1 and 1 month after OoT.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

2 Player? Tech Support4 Answers
Change Language? Tech Support1 Answer
Why doesn't Chao Garden save? General2 Answers
Fishing with Big is too hard. Please help? Main Quest1 Answer
NiGHTs pinball game orbs (Ideya) purpose? General1 Answer