You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. So why can't we get a remake?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#11
evilpresident posted...
Foxhound3857 posted...
Technically we already had a remake for this game, in the form of Shattered Memories.

No, I'm sorry, a "reimagining."

Yes, we're due for a Silent Hill remake, as we are due for remakes of Parasite Eve, Brave Fencer Musashi and Resident Evil 3.

There may be some hope for a Parasite Eve remake/sequel/reboot. SE apparently tried to renew the Parasite Eve license, though it was a rumor, take that with a grain of salt.

And I'm 99% sure RE3 is in developing now after the success of the RE2 remake.

That just leaves Brave Fencer Musashi.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: KendoRe2

KendoRe2
1 month ago#12
Capcom actually cares about their franchises. All main line Resident Evil games except 3 are on PS4, with CVX as a digital. Hell, they even brought Onimusha back from the grave.

Konami should at least sell the series to somebody who will do something with it. As of now, it looks to be eventually forgotten by time.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: VisionRing30

VisionRing30
4 weeks ago#13
Capcom is still making games period, that already puts them above Konami. They still have a tendency to make weird/unfortunate decisions but that's better than just giving up. I don't know if Konami expects to make money off its properties in some other way or what but it'd definitely be better for gamers if they let someone else make more SH games.

evilpresident posted...
VisionRing30 posted...
Like the others have said, unfortunately, there's not much we can do if the company doesn't want to make more SH games, or games in general really. Remember they cancelled Silent Hills which already had good word of mouth thanks to the P.T. release. We should also remember what happened the last time Konami released an HD collection for this series...

Oh yeah, the HD collection. I still can't believe they managed to f*** up the fog.

It had a lot to do with Konami losing their master copy of the finished game, so the studio doing the HD version had to work off some incomplete version instead. How does a company lose the finished version of one of their own games? There used to be a user that frequented the various SH boards that had worked for Konami and talked about what a terrible company it was. The HD collection really cemented that for me.
"Laughter is the countdown of devastation."- Killer 7, end of Sunset

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 weeks ago#14
Konami nothing but pachinko now
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

VisionRing30
3 weeks ago#15
All we can hope for is that, like SNK, they eventually start making games again after their pachinko phase. Hopefully that won't just be mobile games though.

User Info: hottienanako20

hottienanako20
3 weeks ago#16
KendoRe2 posted...
Capcom actually cares about their franchises. All main line Resident Evil games except 3 are on PS4, with CVX as a digital. Hell, they even brought Onimusha back from the grave.

Konami should at least sell the series to somebody who will do something with it. As of now, it looks to be eventually forgotten by time.

I would LOVE for someone to buy the series from Konami! We would probably have a shot of getting Silent Hills that way. If you're not going to do anything with a game series, sell it to someone who will. Plus, a remake of this game would be awesome.
FC: hotinanako: 2208-8972-5027/Rikki: 3411-4870-8445; ACPC: 8430 8405 831(Rikki); Pokemon GO: 3442 7039 6212 (RikkiH2O); Switch: 6072-8530-7630 (hotinanako)
I agree. We did get a half ass game for Clock tower called Night Cry is 2016 that makes the struggle within look brilliant. I just think Silent Hill got dropped. Capcom owns Dino Crisis and Clocktower but they are too focused on MegaMan and whatever. Silent hill started turning for the worst after 4. Hell Shattered Memories reminds me of Clocktower 3.
This post is a PMG production. All events in this production are based on PMG's experiences any similar events are purely coincidental
Konami sucks suck suck suck suck suck
Konami SUUUuuuucks

(to the tune of baby shark)

Seriously, sports clubs and pachislot, they don't care about games. They're also unlikely to sell off the assets because it's this whole "losing face" thing if someone else makes a Silent Hill game and it makes money.
On the bright side, if they remade Silent Hill, they'd probably ruin it.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: KendoRe2

KendoRe2
3 weeks ago#19
PLAYS MANY GAMES posted...
I agree. We did get a half ass game for Clock tower called Night Cry is 2016 that makes the struggle within look brilliant. I just think Silent Hill got dropped. Capcom owns Dino Crisis and Clocktower but they are too focused on MegaMan and whatever. Silent hill started turning for the worst after 4. Hell Shattered Memories reminds me of Clocktower 3.

Still waiting on that new Haunting Ground, too.

VisionRing30
2 weeks ago#20
When did they announce a new Haunting Ground? I'd be interested in it, even if it's incredibly unlikely to happen.

And I guess Shattered Memories and Downpour were the last attempt to reimagine the series since both deviate heavily from the past games (no combat in SM and open-ended exploration in Downpour).

AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Konami SUUUuuuucks

(to the tune of baby shark)

Seriously, sports clubs and pachislot, they don't care about games. They're also unlikely to sell off the assets because it's this whole "losing face" thing if someone else makes a Silent Hill game and it makes money.
On the bright side, if they remade Silent Hill, they'd probably ruin it.

Ayumi, didn't think you were still hanging around here. You just have a sixth sense for when people are talking about how much Konami sucks?

But you're right, as long as Konami has the rights we're unlikely to see a new game, and on the outside chance that they do make another one, it'll probably be terrible. Is losing face really the biggest reason for why they won't sell the rights though? I figured they wanted them for whatever little money the rights still produce.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. So why can't we get a remake?