You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. So why can't we get a remake?

User Info: KendoRe2

KendoRe2
1 month ago#1
The last Silent Hill game was...2012? I have Downpour on PS3. I think that was the last.

So, basically the series has gone the way of Dino Crisis or Parasite Eve, or Clock Tower. Defunct survival horrors.

At this point, I say just remake the first game, hell bring in the survival horror legend Shinji Mikami since he doesn't work for the competition anymore.

There's so much potential for a nicely made full HD Silent Hill remake. I'd sure as hell buy it.

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
1 month ago#2
We would all love it, but the problem is that Konami doesn’t want to make big budget games anymore.
And this time!

User Info: KendoRe2

KendoRe2
1 month ago#3
Da Dood posted...
We would all love it, but the problem is that Konami doesn’t want to make big budget games anymore.

That's depressing. Wiki says Konami has positive revenue and net income...by a lot. They could do it and turn a profit, especially off the success of the RE2 remake. It would sell off nostalgia alone.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: evilpresident

evilpresident
1 month ago#4
KendoRe2 posted...
Da Dood posted...

That's depressing. Wiki says Konami has positive revenue and net income...by a lot. They could do it and turn a profit, especially off the success of the RE2 remake. It would sell off nostalgia alone.

Thing is, Konami does not care. They have their gambling profits.
Nothing to report here
(message deleted)

User Info: VisionRing30

VisionRing30
1 month ago#6
Like the others have said, unfortunately, there's not much we can do if the company doesn't want to make more SH games, or games in general really. Remember they cancelled Silent Hills which already had good word of mouth thanks to the P.T. release. We should also remember what happened the last time Konami released an HD collection for this series...
"Laughter is the countdown of devastation."- Killer 7, end of Sunset

evilpresident
1 month ago#7
VisionRing30 posted...
Like the others have said, unfortunately, there's not much we can do if the company doesn't want to make more SH games, or games in general really. Remember they cancelled Silent Hills which already had good word of mouth thanks to the P.T. release. We should also remember what happened the last time Konami released an HD collection for this series...

Oh yeah, the HD collection. I still can't believe they managed to f*** up the fog.
Nothing to report here

User Info: FriggingChicken

FriggingChicken
1 month ago#8
I'm still waiting for a remake of this game, as well as the second and the third.
LUMBAGO LEMONAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
1 month ago#9
Technically we already had a remake for this game, in the form of Shattered Memories.

No, I'm sorry, a "reimagining."

Yes, we're due for a Silent Hill remake, as we are due for remakes of Parasite Eve, Brave Fencer Musashi and Resident Evil 3.
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

evilpresident
1 month ago#10
Foxhound3857 posted...
Technically we already had a remake for this game, in the form of Shattered Memories.

No, I'm sorry, a "reimagining."

Yes, we're due for a Silent Hill remake, as we are due for remakes of Parasite Eve, Brave Fencer Musashi and Resident Evil 3.

There may be some hope for a Parasite Eve remake/sequel/reboot. SE apparently tried to renew the Parasite Eve license, though it was a rumor, take that with a grain of salt.
Nothing to report here
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. So why can't we get a remake?