• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. Missed the Rifle, can I go back?

User Info: yoyoenix91

yoyoenix91
10 years ago#1
I'm saved at the Hospital after talking to Lisa, and fighting out about the Waterworks... is it possible for me to go back to where I fought the worm and get the Rifle?

I'm playing on Normal, and I have:

- 2 First Aid Kits
- 3 Ampoules
- 15 Handgun Bullets
- 2 Shotgun Bullets
- 1 Package of Rifle Ammo
- Knife, Rod, Pickaxe, Axe

It would be REALLY nice if I could get that Rifle... the creatures on the streets are destroying me.
ACCF FC: Dylan@Podunk 5069-8143-4994
Brawl: Coming Soon! Maybe!

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
10 years ago#2
Enix91 posted at 11/20/2009 7:41 PM "Missed the Rifle, can I go back? I'm saved at the Hospital after talking to Lisa, and fighting out about the Waterworks... is it possible for me to go back to where I fought the worm and get the Rifle?"

Not from that save.

Enix91 finished, "It would be REALLY nice if I could get that Rifle... the creatures on the streets are destroying me."

Don't fight on the streets. Run instead.

You can make it with what you have, but you'll have to concentrate on first learning the layouts, then reload from the previous save focusing on running every chance you get.

If you get good at melee with the Hammer (what you call the pickaxe) that will save you a lot of health and ammo. It's the best weapon in the game, after the Hyperblaster.

If you have to restart, I recommend playing on Easy to learn the game. Starting on Normal means your first Next Fear playthrough will be Hard. I played through with no problem on Easy followed by Normal. Then Hard ate my lunch.

So restart on Easy. Get the UFO ending for your Normal Next Fear playthrough. Infinite ammo with no reloading from the Hyperblaster makes Hard mode feasible while killing almost everything.

Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com

yoyoenix91
10 years ago#3
Dammit. I hope I come across some more ammo soon. I can use melee weapons... but it's hard. I had an easier time in SH2.

It's the worst when I have the birds or "Rape Apes" after me. I once had two apes, two dogs, and a bird, all in my face when I was pushed against a wall.

Also, is turning off my light encouraged? I feel like I'd just run into an enemy, or it'd see me anyway.

Also, you use MSN? You seem friendly. D:

JoveHack
10 years ago#4
Enix91 posted at 11/20/2009 11:09 PM "Dammit. I hope I come across some more ammo soon. I can use melee weapons... but it's hard. I had an easier time in SH2. It's the worst when I have the birds or "Rape Apes" after me. I once had two apes, two dogs, and a bird, all in my face when I was pushed against a wall."

You need to learn to run away from monsters. Most especially how to weave around obstacles while maintaining speed to shake off pursuit. Takes practice and good knowledge of the area and where you're going.

Restart in Easy mode, seriously. Areas you've played before will be a lot less intimidating. Exploration is difficult enough without fighting tough enemies. And there are much tougher enemies ahead. Not to mention areas with no maps.

This is not a game you master in an afternoon then return the day after you rented it out.

On a Next Fear playthough you can use hidden "Bullet Adjust" to triple the amount of ammo you find. Makes a difference in Normal Mode, not so much in Hard Mode. Which is another reason to make your first playthrough on Easy Mode, as the difficulty level is automatically increased in a Next Fear game.

Enix91 continued, "Also, is turning off my light encouraged? I feel like I'd just run into an enemy, or it'd see me anyway."

I've seen it recommended. Also maximizing the ingame brightness along with the brightness setting on your TV. Then walk, for minimal monster aggro.

It did not work for me, and I knew the game already, particularly including where the monsters were and how to avoid them.

Enix91 finished, "Also, you use MSN? You seem friendly. D:"

Not on MSN, sorry. I have been accused of being "the only nice person on GameFAQs!".

You may want to watch the first few videos of some youtube video walkthroughs. That should give you a much better idea of strategy and tactics.

"Let's Play - Silent Hill - 002" by agentjr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsA_T-gLW3Y

Watching a speed run will amaze you. It might be worth watching the start of one just to see what's possible.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
10 years ago#5
With the amount of health packs and ammo you have right now.... man, it's going to be tough when you attempt the upcoming fight. I wouldn't attempt it unless someone challenged me :)

"It's the worst when I have the birds or "Rape Apes" after me. I once had two apes, two dogs, and a bird, all in my face when I was pushed against a wall."

I nearly spit saliva all over my computer screen when I read the words "rape apes" LOL. I know what you mean- it's frustrating being out on the streets in the dark with all those monsters constantly coming after you. It takes practice to learn locations so you can avoid all the danger.

You can't go back for the rifle I'm afraid.

User Info: MarkAldred

MarkAldred
10 years ago#6
After you meet Lisa, the streets magically collapse from left to right. You can only go forward.

yoyoenix91
10 years ago#7
So, I decided to just continue on my current playthrough, since... to be honest, the school and hospital creeped me out, and I just want to continue. I made it through the moth boss with the rest of my ammo and the Hammer, and I didn't take much damage. I ran towards the bridge, and actually found a package of Handgun Ammo I missed. Made it into the sewer, and grabbed another package of Handgun Ammo, some Shotgun Ammo, and a Health Drink. Saved in the safe area, and got the key. I feel a bit better, now that I have some more Health and Ammo, and I'm forcing myself to either run, or use the Hammer, so I think I might just make it. D:

Thank you everyone for your help. :3

JoveHack
10 years ago#8
Enix91 posted at 11/23/2009 1:56 PM "So, I decided to just continue on my current playthrough, since... to be honest, the school and hospital creeped me out, and I just want to continue. I made it through the moth boss with the rest of my ammo and the Hammer, and I didn't take much damage. I ran towards the bridge, and actually found a package of Handgun Ammo I missed. Made it into the sewer, and grabbed another package of Handgun Ammo, some Shotgun Ammo, and a Health Drink. Saved in the safe area, and got the key. I feel a bit better, now that I have some more Health and Ammo, and I'm forcing myself to either run, or use the Hammer, so I think I might just make it. D: Thank you everyone for your help. :3"

Keep playing carefully and you'll be okay.

You may want to look at StarFighter76's maps to be sure you get all health and ammo.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/198641.html

There's more out there than you realize. The trick is to get it without taking more damage than Harry gains healing.

The game is supposed to creep you out. A lot. The only games that match it are the later games in the series.

Something I just figured out. When grabbed, hammer the X key and twaddle the left joystick like a deranged crack monkey. I also checked my health a lot while grabbed, 2-3 times in between keybashing. Heal as necessary when checking health.

That seems to get Harry released with minimal damage. I was pleasantly surprised by how little damage Harry took that way, even from the street apes in Hard Mode.

The last trick is learning when to fight using the Hammer, and when to run. That will come with experience.

Good luck, because the sewers are tough. Please keep on with the updates.

friendlydude
10 years ago#9
"I made it through the moth boss with the rest of my ammo and the Hammer, and I didn't take much damage."

WHAT?? I can't believe this was possible with such little ammo and health, haha. Unless the hammer is more powerful than I originally thought, and actually works in boss fights.

Still, every time you swing the hammer, that would be more than enough time for the moth to spit that poison at you.

I believe you and everything- I'm just curious how you were able to take care of him with the shortage of health and ammo you had.

By the way, there was some handgun ammo at the police station (maybe even shotgun ammo as well, unless you got it the previous time you visited there- if I remember, the shotgun ammo only appears once, but handgun ammo keeps appearing at the police station every time you get through an important scene and coming back to it, such as defeating that moth boss).

friendlydude
10 years ago#10
"I also checked my health a lot while grabbed, 2-3 times in between keybashing"

Sometimes I think while you're in the process of constantly checking health, the game gets confused that an enemy is attacking you, and this reduces the amount of damage you end up taking, haha. I don't know, it's weird how this trick you've found DOES work quite often.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. Missed the Rifle, can I go back?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A