• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. "Self View" extra option

User Info: Jonsbax

Jonsbax
9 years ago#1
I just played through this game on my PSP and when I tried out this option I was really suprised I hadn't heard about it before because, well... It's just so cool!
For example if you put the self view on and turn the view control to reverse, you can play through the whole game in kind of a RE4/5 perspective. On my second play through I've turned the auto aim off and view mode to "Self", and then I modified the PS controls on my PSP so that when I aim the gun the perspective changes to Self mode automatically (R button=R2+L2). It sucks that this was taken out from the later SH games... :'(

User Info: sknmak

sknmak
9 years ago#2
That set up/combination sounds cool, but yeah I do know about the "Self view". Self View is cool and makes the game feel almost like a First Person Shooter, since it's restricting you exactly behind Harry's head (sight of view). It's nice and you can see where the enemies are better too! The only problem is that you can't see behind you and you have a ton of blind spots lol.

I guess Konomi could'nt include this in the later games simply because of the polygon count. I mean Silent Hill was darkened to count down on the polygons available ya know. Plus I don't think

Hmmm....maybe I should add the self view to my horror set up as a *option&
The Wii-mote speaker is almost like surround sound
It should have headphone support. -my brother- XD

User Info: HPHovercraft

HPHovercraft
9 years ago#3
Is this "self view" a new feature that was added for the downloadable version of the game, or is it just a means of turning on the L2 camera control that I wasn't aware of?
Want to see what I look like with panties on my head? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF6RMQQceDQ

User Info: Jonsbax

Jonsbax
9 years ago#4
@HPHovercraft

It's the "View Mode" toggle right above the bullet adjust. I dunno, if you haven't noticed it maybe it's just in the PAL version (assuming you're American?). I don't think they even can add extra features on the PSOne classics...

User Info: HPHovercraft

HPHovercraft
9 years ago#5
I'd probably just never noticed it before, then.

To be honest I never had any problems with this game's cameras, given that you kind of get the best of both worlds - dramatic camera angles when warranted, plus a flexible and useful shoulder-cam. It's too bad later games in the series couldn't match it (yeah SH3, I'm talking to you).
Want to see what I look like with panties on my head? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF6RMQQceDQ

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
9 years ago#6
I actually forgot about self view last time I went through the game. It's a great feature, though using it tends to make me take more damage from cheapshots that I can't see coming, but other than that I like it.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. "Self View" extra option
  • Topic Archived