• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. SILENT HILL VOICE ACTING - Michael Gough was NOT Harry Mason
From the archived 'Harry Mason's actor voiced Deckard Cain from Diablo?' topic

What? How in the world is this possible?

Hmmm... Horadric Staff... What's going on with that Horadric Staff?

I'm looking for Diablo. Have you seen him? Bald, horns.
-- chrishootu

Well, you just eliminated any excuse that guy had for the job he did on Harry Mason :(

How is it possible that he did a 10000x better on Deckard Cain than on Harry... Just completely ridiculous
-- Code_BE_XX

Silent Hill came out 2 years later. The other explanation is that Harry's voice actor, Gough, was the voice director of Silent Hill because the supposed-to-be director didn't show up. And he screwed up big time. -- chrishootu

he is also carmine from gears of war and tassadar from star craft.

his resume is ridiculous.
-- crucefiction

I saw this topic and wondered, because I'd heard that Michael G. was dead, several years back. So then I looked up Gough, and saw the voices he'd done...and I was like "No way". And so then I decided to write to Michael and ask him to clear up the mystery.

"Mr. Gough,

There has been considerable debate over your involvement(or not) in Konami's "Silent Hill" video game of 1996. The actor who played the role "Harry Mason" is simply credited as "Michael G.", and there has been a longstanding internet rumor that he died sometime in the late 90's/early 00's. This has since been supplanted by a rumor that you are the mysterious Michael G. Since I can find no evidence either one way or the other, I thought to write and ask directly.

Thank you for your time,

Me."

This was Sunday, September 7. This morning, I received a reply, datestamped September 10.

"Well, I wish I could tell you that I am the mysterious "Michael G", but no such luck. I've asked imdb to remove the credit--don't know who played Harry Mason, but it wasn't me.

Best, Michael"

I would quote Velma and say "Mystery solved!", but the truth of the matter is that the only thing this did is eliminate Gough as the actor. Michael G. remains an unknown. Hmm, maybe I should write to Konami...

"I never thought it would end like this. Gunned down by Santa Claus. I honestly didn't see it coming."

User Info: Metal_Snake

Metal_Snake
10 years ago#2
Interesting... I'd like to know what other credits "Michael G" has as well, besides Symphony of the Night (Richter) and Gradius Gaiden (99% sure he was the male announcer).

Also, Silent Hill was actually released in 1999. If Michael G really did die in the late 90s / early 00s, it wouldn't have been that long afterwards.

Somewhat related, James Sunderland's voice actor ("Guy Cihi") is a near-total unknown as well, but he's communicated with fans a few times. His daughter auditioned for Laura, and he tried out for James on a whim. Ended up getting the part, but I think it's his one and only VA credit. I wonder if Michael G was a similarly "off the street" case, hence the lack of details on him. Everything known about Guy Cihi was volunteered by himself.
sign
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC 10 years ago#3
*stares at copy/pasted paragraph from email sent to Michael Gough*

Gah! I typed 1996 instead of 1999! Damn fingers.

"I never thought it would end like this. Gunned down by Santa Claus. I honestly didn't see it coming."

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
10 years ago#4
Pretty cool you got a response from Michael Gough, even if it wasn't him who did the voice for Harry. I am VERY suspicious of internet rumors when a bunch of people say someone died. I remember the same thing happened to Tom Petty and the guitarist from AC/DC. Just because Tom Petty looked like death when he performed at the Superbowl halftime show doesn't mean he's dead yet :)

User Info: Ghidrah

Ghidrah
10 years ago#5
Tom Petty like Kieth Richards has looked that way for over 20 yrs., (always for Richards)
Never bite the hand that looks dirty!
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill
  3. SILENT HILL VOICE ACTING - Michael Gough was NOT Harry Mason
  • Topic Archived