• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shining the Holy Ark
  3. first time playing

User Info: coost7206

coost7206
5 months ago#1
Started playing this and omg is it awsome. Graphics are amazing and soundtrack is pure bliss. Def an underrated gem of a game, any missables?

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa
5 months ago#2
Yep, it is awesome.

Missables... Mithiril in the game is limited, so if you use it all up without forging every item that can only be had by forging, then you'll have no way of getting it. However, if I remember correctly there's not enough mithiril in the game to get every unique item anyway. The only other things might be pixies and hidden items, but as far as I can recall there aren't any locations in the game which ever become permanently locked off, so there's no reason why you couldn't go back and get those later.

User Info: Sn4k3Ey3S

Sn4k3Ey3S
5 months ago#3
hhmm, glad that after so long, and there are new players playing. wow ! Anyway, this is my all-time top fav rpg game. Enjoy !
--=}^InViNciB|3^Sn4K3Ey3S^{=--

coost7206
5 months ago#4
Sn4k3Ey3S posted...
hhmm, glad that after so long, and there are new players playing. wow ! Anyway, this is my all-time top fav rpg game. Enjoy !

I love it, glued to it and cant wait to play each day afterwork. Its a really amazing game and it might be my fave saturn game, even more than albert odyssey

coost7206
5 months ago#5
MartinIIIa posted...
Yep, it is awesome.

Missables... Mithiril in the game is limited, so if you use it all up without forging every item that can only be had by forging, then you'll have no way of getting it. However, if I remember correctly there's not enough mithiril in the game to get every unique item anyway. The only other things might be pixies and hidden items, but as far as I can recall there aren't any locations in the game which ever become permanently locked off, so there's no reason why you couldn't go back and get those later.

Thanks real helpful. Been trying to get every myrthril I come across. Game is really atnospheric and wish they had a offical guide for it(for collecting purposes too)

User Info: Sn4k3Ey3S

Sn4k3Ey3S
5 months ago#6
on a sidenote, albert odyssey is nice too.
--=}^InViNciB|3^Sn4K3Ey3S^{=--

MartinIIIa
5 months ago#7
Sn4k3Ey3S posted...
hhmm, glad that after so long, and there are new players playing.

It's an amazing coincidence, too, because I'd just finished researching critical reviews for the game in my capacity as Wikipedia editor. Next Generation really hit the nail on the head with regard to the graphics: The game isn't technologically advanced for its time, but it looks stunning because of the unique and inspired way they used the different graphical media.

Oddly enough, none of the reviews so much as mentioned the game's soundtrack! It boggles the mind. Oh well, at least I said a fair bit about it in my user review for this site...

And it's cool to see that even back in the day, the critics had enough perspective to say, Yes, this game doesn't throw out any huge innovations or novelties, but it simply does everything incredibly well.

User Info: stha guy

stha guy
5 months ago#8
coost7206 posted...
Started playing this and omg is it awsome. Graphics are amazing and soundtrack is pure bliss. Def an underrated gem of a game, any missables?

There's one small area that I can never remember if you can come back to later or not. To not give any spoilers, I'll just say it's where someone brings a boat.

MartinIIIa
5 months ago#9
Oh yeah, that reminds me. If you do the turtles in the wrong order you can miss out on an item or two in that section.

coost7206
4 months ago#10
MartinIIIa posted...
Oh yeah, that reminds me. If you do the turtles in the wrong order you can miss out on an item or two in that section.

Just finished the west shrine. This game is so much funnnn
  1. Boards
  2. Shining the Holy Ark
  3. first time playing
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Saturn Save BlocksKyle_Nin34/6 7:22PM