• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shining the Holy Ark
  3. Multiple endings ...?

User Info: TheDistorted

TheDistorted
2 years ago#1
.. are there multiple endings in this game or is the story linear??
SUDDENLYANOMALOUSFIELDIMPOSSIBLETOANALYZEAPPEARSINTOKYO!

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
2 years ago#2
One ending only, which I believe is like all other Shining series games (I mean among the true ones, the ones made by Camelot).

If you've never played this I highly recommend it, one of the Saturn's gems and a phenomenal first person dungeon rpg, a highly worthy follow up to Shining in the Darkness in terms of gameplay, and an absolutely perfect setup to introduce the new world (or rather new era) that gets further explored in Shining Force III.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force

TheDistorted
2 years ago#3
Ok, cool. I've already started (several hours in - characters are all level 7).

I was definitely always going to finish my playthrough, don't worry. Enjoying it so far :)

Doom_Infinite
2 years ago#4
The first few areas are fairly easy and then there's a rather noticeable bump in difficulty for a while, don't get discouraged though as the game generally gets easier from there on, so long as you grind a little in every area.

You're in for a fantastic experience! :)
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force

TheDistorted
2 years ago#5
Funny you mention the difficulty spike - pretty damn sure I just hit it.

*spoilers*

I went to speak to the King and was promptly thrown down into a jailcell via a trapdoor, courtesy of Rilix. Then the ninja anthropomorph freed us, and we set off on a new quest courtesy of the old former advisor-to-the-King, into a new combat area - in which we promptly lost our first ever battle in the first random encounter. Rodi died in one round! My character and Melody were paralysed and we therefore lost the fight! Wow, brutal doesn't cut it as a descriptor.

I'm guessing I was supposed to grind a bit in the forested areas somewhat more, before seeing the King?
Cos my save is after the cut-scene (with the old man) and I am stuck, does this mean I'm screwed?

Doom_Infinite
2 years ago#6
You should be alright, the old man Sabato can restore your party for free at any time. Also when you go down into the dungeon proper (as soon as you step down the staircase away from Sabato), if you turn right and go down that hallway you'll end up back in the regular sewers (no encounters there) which can lead you back to town through the well.

If you need new equipment then it's wise to go back to the main town of Enrich after collecting enough money in the dungeon. I would say this is arguably the hardest part in the game in the sense that the monsters are real tough and the party is lacking in numbers, and not quite up to snuff.

TheDistorted
2 years ago#7
Ok, cool. Thanks for the reassurance :-)

User Info: stha guy

stha guy
2 years ago#8
You can also head over to the Mountain Cave for faster leveling.

TheDistorted
2 years ago#9
Nice one . Thanks :-)

User Info: Xhoyl

Xhoyl
2 years ago#10
Don't forget to check my guide if you get stuck or want to find everything. *wink*
3DS FC 0430-9665-1947
  1. Boards
  2. Shining the Holy Ark
  3. Multiple endings ...?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Saturn Save BlocksKyle_Nin34/6 7:22PM