• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shenmue
  3. Can't Yu Suzuki just release a novel or something to finish all this?

User Info: jammastervivi

jammastervivi
13 years ago#1
I mean, seriously, the third game is never going to happen. We've been holding out for, what, six, seven years now?

He doesn't have to write it. Hire someone to. Just get the rest of the story out so we can move on with our lives and stop hacking discs to see areas that didn't end up in the game. That's the coolest thing ever, seriously, but it only goes so far.... as in maybe ten minutes into the third installment.
"[Life] is a tale told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." ---Macbeth

User Info: soul_fear

soul_fear
13 years ago#2
novels sometimes take forever to translate, (still waiting for the rest of the Witcher series)

videogames are faster since voice and picture can be used to get a sense when translating

then again, shenmue 3 is taking forever....

User Info: jammastervivi

jammastervivi
13 years ago#3
I'm aware novels take forever to translate. I've translated epic poetry for a year now.

And the fact that the story gets down on paper at all is worth it. We just need to know what happens so we can get on with our lives. Seriously, it's been eight years since we played the first installment. At this point, IGN.com even classifies that as retro.
"[Life] is a tale told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." ---Macbeth

User Info: mario_pot

mario_pot
13 years ago#4
I would definitely be happy with a book, I want to be able to visualize the wanton assbeating that Lan-Di has coming to him....
HAKUNA MATATA
A VOTE FOR WHO IS A VOTE FOR COMMUNISM

User Info: oceandiver

oceandiver
13 years ago#5
I would definitely be happy with a book, I want to be able to visualize the wanton assbeating that Lan-Di has coming to him....

lol. yeah. I'm SURE Ryo would really stand a chance against Lan-Di! lol.
Not changing this sig until Shenmue III is released.

User Info: ShinChuck

ShinChuck
13 years ago#6
I disagree completely. Part of Shenmue's beauty is in it's immersion and interaction - anything short is empty by comparison. I'm dying to know where Ryo's journey takes him - but I want to be there when it happens. :)
ShinChuck "ARMY STRONG!"
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ShinChuck - Random Video game and Wrestling Vids

User Info: SoulJest

SoulJest
13 years ago#7
I would be upset if shenmue III was released as a book. I could deal with an animated film, but I'd still be upset. Shenmue 3 needs to be released as a game. However, sega really needs to port the first two games before releasing Shenmue 3.

User Info: mario_pot

mario_pot
13 years ago#8
i think it's less likely for sega to release the first two then it is for there to be a shenmue 3. shenmue is really a love it or hate it game, if you're patient like i can assume all the people in this topic are, then it's a beautiful game. However there is a reason why we're questioning if shenmue 3 will come out and that's because not to many gamers are that patient with games such as shenmue.
HAKUNA MATATA
A VOTE FOR WHO IS A VOTE FOR COMMUNISM

User Info: pellequin

pellequin
13 years ago#9
OBVIOUSLY I want number 3 as a game, BUT id take a book over nothing.
PS3 (2006-2007) R.I.P
My posts make mods eyes BLEED!

User Info: blacktorn

blacktorn
13 years ago#10

Sure,but i doubt he wants to do that,i mean it would be a bit tacky to say the least if he just finished off this epic he started with a comic book.

However time is ticking and i sure as hell can't wait forever,i mean im 18 now,i played the original when i was 10,the 2nd when i was 11......and I'm still waiting for the third!

Well i'm not actively waiting anymore,my interest in shenmue has hit rock bottom,as you'd imagine by now,but i do hope that in the next few years it's finished properly,in game form.

I always now and again get a spark of interest in shenmue again,like now,but it withers away pretty fast,i still listen to the shenmue soundtrack quite alot though,because i think it's the greatest soundtrack ever made,well that partly has something to do with my nostalgia for it i guess.

All i can say is that i hope Yu Suzuki gets the chance to finish his masterpiece off properly before he snuffs it.

1. Boards
  2. Shenmue
  3. Can't Yu Suzuki just release a novel or something to finish all this?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A